SAU Community

Motorsport Round 2 - Winton Sat 14th Of March

ssxRicho

I'll be leaving at 4:45am (for a S.E. Meet point, I will swing by Burwood Highway / Springvale Road Dan Murphy's Carpark at that time if others are coming too...), then meeting a few others at Wallan BP Outbound (~5km past the "Wallan" exit on the Hume) at 6am.

Express your interest now, or I'll just drive straight there :P

I love your brand of hard love, Simon.

Yeah i'm in mate. I'll meet you guys @ Wallan BP. What time?

I emailed Circuit Club regarding Supp Regs last Friday, was told they'd be available within this week.

cool

(Shameless Plug)

If you're looking for breaky before race day, pop in to Bouwmeesters Bakery and grab a bacon & egg Roll :)

(The one with the glass fencing, tables & chairs outside).

Sounds good, what discounts have you arranged for your fellow club members?

I'll be leaving at 4:45am (for a S.E. Meet point, I will swing by Burwood Highway / Springvale Road Dan Murphy's Carpark at that time if others are coming too...), then meeting a few others at Wallan BP Outbound (~5km past the "Wallan" exit on the Hume) at 6am.

As you know I should be seeing you at 6am at the Wallan BP. Looking forward to my first attempt at Winton. :)

If I don't have to be there early Robyn and I will meet everyone at Wallan BP :)

Wallan BP -> Winton is 1h 35m according to Google Maps, so if we leave at 6:10am we should get there at about 7:45.

We still have no Supp Regs about the event, so don't know what time they even expect to be opening the gates (I'm assuming 7am)

Because of the semi-late arrival, I'm making sure to do the majority of my Scruitineering preparation on Friday night, so all I have to do is quickly unpack the car and get signed off.

Email just came in.

Circuit Club <[email protected]>
2:17 PM (3 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to info
cleardot.gif
Hi,

Winton track day is just around the corner! Here are some details for the event. Any questions let me know.

7.30: Gates open. Come in, prep your car and get ready for scruitineering. Cars will be inspected in your garage. They will be checked for secure battery, cleaned out interior and working brake lights. Your car must also have a muffler fitted.
8.45: Compulsory drivers briefing. If you're not here by now you might miss your first session.
9.00: Track sessions start. We will be running 4 groups. The first set of sessions will be untimed, and passengers will be allowed. The next rotation will be timed, no passengers. We will alternate like this until the end of the day.
5.00pm: Track close- pack up and get home safe.

All drivers and passengers must wear long sleeves, pants, closed shoes and approved helmet.

Cheers,
Adrian

Still no supplementary regs with any real information... Worrying.

Oh and put your hands up please for BBQ (and if you are +1 etc etc)... I forgot to post up about that. I'm coming and bringing the usual delights

Still no supplementary regs with any real information... Worrying.

Oh and put your hands up please for BBQ (and if you are +1 etc etc)... I forgot to post up about that. I'm coming and bringing the usual delights

Yeah tell me about it, can't believe it's taken them that long just to send that.

In for BBQ :)

9.00: Track sessions start. We will be running 4 groups. The first set of sessions will be untimed, and passengers will be allowed. The next rotation will be timed, no passengers. We will alternate like this until the end of the day.

Every second session we will be running passengers with no timing?

I know people like to take passengers for some fun, but Winton is a bit far to be driving for half the day to be tourist laps....

EDIT: Just had a response from the organisers. There is 70 entries, not 60?

Just as long as you don't coat the track in oil!! ;)

That's finally sorted (fingers crossed lol)

Or lose all camber in a wheel and smoke your rubber against a guard :P

Hopefully that is sorted also... farken cursed... :P

Every second session we will be running passengers with no timing?

I know people like to take passengers for some fun, but Winton is a bit far to be driving for half the day to be tourist laps....

EDIT: Just had a response from the organisers. There is 70 entries, not 60?

Looks like I'll only be out on track for half the day then lol. Passenger laps FTL. :(

This is what happens when you're a guest at another club's track day - if they allow passenger laps, then everyone gets less track time. IMO, Passenger laps are bullshit... the only 'passenger' allowed should be in Driver training sessions.

I agree... Should be 1 (or 2) groups of cars which can allow for passengers / combined with driver training and no timing... and 3 (or 2) groups of cars which are actually there to lay down some times...

Additionally, it's now 70 cars, not 60 as initially planned