SAU Community

Compared 1ufze-tt Too Rb26dett

Ran up my friends 1UZFE-TT on the same dyno as I did my forged RB26DETT.

He pulled an impressive 372KW ATW (I did 384kw) in his Toyota Hiace VAN with a stock bottom end (Has head work and turbo cams).

He had about an extra 100NM but only made 200kw 300RPM quicker than my car and I pull right up until 7800rpm his stops at 6500.

I thought comparing the two engines was going to be interesting and it was.

Impressive numbers from the stock bottom end....might be abit more in it with a new fuel pump.

Edited by Stixbnr32

Well, the stock ones have got about 3mm of lift and about 190 degrees of duration (jokes, but not far wrong!), so even an aftermarket cam is not likely to be too big. Basically, Toyota didn't need to put much cam in the engine at all to achieve the 206kW target, so they didn't.

Not sure what you guys are doing wrong but the old 1UZ is one tough engine ive spoken to plenty of people who would even say pound for pound its one of the best engines round. when visiting my bro in Sydney last we went out to the drags and saw a street car (yea yea registered but not practical to drive) pull a low 8 with a stock bottom end 1UZ

Anyway interesting result and in a Hiace van im sure its a handful

Cheers,

Basically, Toyota didn't need to put much cam in the engine at all to achieve the 206kW target, so they didn't.

Something to do with the intended use perhaps? You can do insane things and swim against the current but eventually the roots of a motor can't be ignored IMO.