SAU Community

Bnr32 Gtr Build ('murica!) Nismo Heavy

1 hour ago, WantGTR said:

just a side question. do you have a part number for the brake air guides?

let me look around. I think there is a set on yahoo japan right now. Brand new like mine were.

Ok another update! I put on the new fuel line so the car runs again with out pissing gas all over the ground. Feels good to drive again! Also, I had a package delivered a day early!! So I went ahead and put that on to.

OEM optional drink holder center console. Missing a piece or two, but its in fine overall shape!

ct0pinw.jpg

3z3vbvy.jpg

OjpftVm.jpg

DSFEUPP.jpg

Also made the impulse buy of new wheels. Figured they will be worth more than what I paid so I might as well get them while I can.

Nismo Omori Factory limited edition LMGT4 18x10.5 +15

uwhgmb3.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Anfanee said:

Makes a good arm rest that console does.

Yes, it's so much better! Its like perfect height for me. I said that as I was driving it lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wheels came in. Very nice, glad I bought them. Pretty light weight also.

rwoCcRs.jpg

khWFjND.jpg

nZor36M.jpg

GX1m7Ho.jpg

TggEq8j.jpg

j5DeqEe.jpg

OhrA7e0.jpg

3T5Wkxr.jpg

Also got these cool cars for my Dad for Christmas. He collects rare/expensive hot wheels and other toy car brands. I thought these were pretty cool. Group A collection set.

85CaMz7.jpg

TDRCkWP.jpg

nFlzpP1.jpg

doXoyO2.jpg

aUm6A7X.jpg

9llGVU1.jpg

mDlMxSj.jpg

zXacwdF.jpg

pit0Gb7.jpg

GIdY0j0.jpg

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haven't updated in a while. So here goes.

Got new window/door retainers and moldings. Mine aren't in terrible shape, just wanted to get new ones.

XnWM8lt.jpg

qUbm9SY.jpg

New sway bar end links for up front

m5VmAno.jpg

New overflow reservoir

vHiYzlR.jpg

SpBRT3K.jpg

Installed the Nismo Circuit link pro up front with the front and rear sway bars

2hu1BW8.jpg

8q8YlwV.jpg

uNFND6e.jpg

AHVH1Be.jpg

How it looked before alignment. I ended up getting around -1.8 degrees up front and -2 degrees in the back 5.5 degrees castor i think. Cant remember.

4t8dgZK.jpg

I bought these Greddy/Grex brakes like 12 years ago for my 240sx. Haven't really ran them so I decided to put them on the GTR for now. They match the advan RG well.

4 pot aluminum calipers, 330mm 2 piece rotors with duralumin gold anodized bell housings, Earls teflon lined stainless braided lines.

D4uKT4t.jpg

rtQ8AKX.jpg

• Like 2

continued from above

got a flare lol

KDbLQFz.jpg

Tomei metal turbo manifold gaskets and Greddy magnetic drain plug

tShgrYN.jpg

New CV boots for the rear axles

GSLyDO8.jpg

Someone took a cool picture

kmf8ZIs.jpg

OEM shipment for hotside

mBheMOU.jpg

New OEM water/oil feed and return lines with HKS banjo bolts

BaFcSvl.jpg

OEM turbo gasket kit and Nismo metal intake manifold gaskets

8vxNaqu.jpg

New OEM studs, washers, bolts, nuts for turbo manifolds/turbos etc

UXKA7s6.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Endless BMC stopper

kAtsVrn.jpg

zvZjBiW.jpg

jzqFzb7.jpg

New OEM rear wheel bearings, hubs, nuts, washers, bolts, sway bar end links, brackets etc. Plan on doing a pretty hefty refresh since I'll be dropping the subframe for all new nismo bushings/arms.

rsUwKye.jpg

Nismo GT L.S.D pro 1.5 way adjustable rear diff

KOPxJOB.jpg

vY8Da5p.jpg

• Like 1

Looking fantastic mate, you are the only other person i have seen use the Nismo wrist bands to cover the reservoir. I think it's quite a nice touch. My next one will be to see if i can get my spare sit of nismo handle protectors from my cube to fit the GTR. 

What catch can setup are you running? i assume nismo but i can't see it, though i could have missed it. You battery looks out of place! You should Plasti dip the bottom of the battery (the white part) black and it will blend in heaps better. I even painted both reservoirs black in my car, and taped up a strip that isn't painted so you can see the water level. But it would be a shame to do that to brand new items! 

Thanks. The battery is what it came with from japan. Looks oem to me. I have no catch can installed yet. Its basically an OEM engine with basic bolt ons that I put on. I have a pile of parts for when its time to pull the motor. That will probably be the next step after I get all this suspension taken care of and installed. But I have the nismo oil/air separator that I'll be using.

"when it's time to pull the motor"

This dude knows GTR's haha

I've done 2 full rebuilds and there are still a couple of things that are "next time the motor comes out"

I'm honestly surprised you don't just buy a nismo crate motor. If i had my time again i would have just done that. 

Isn't just "A nismo sticker" all you get with any nismo item? 

Yes.

But at the price nismo motors are, hell they have been discontinued and you can still get them for 25k in Australia let alone bring one in. I would have saved myself 10 months worth of rebuild time, and all the little niggling issues i have had to deal with. 

1 hour ago, Robzilla32 said:

What do you get for your money with a Nismo crate motor over a locally assembled engine with forged internals?

The warm and fuzzy feeling that you overpaid for what is a luke warm stock engine.

You'd have to have rocks in your head to pay those prices for a 2.6L. Honestly!!!

• Like 1