SAU Community

SAU Vic's First General Meeting.

Snowman

Hopefully there'll be someone else to have dinner with so all are welcome for the early gathering. Woulda guv Roy a lift since it's not far out of the way but I don't need anymore free feeds :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully there'll be someone else to have dinner with so all are welcome for the early gathering. Woulda guv Roy a lift since it's not far out of the way but I don't need anymore free feeds :)

I'll try and get there by 7.00 as well Geoff

Alan

Adz wanna post up the minutes in here? (and send me the member database so I can chuck it online)

Me and Al will be preparing a portfolio to approach businesses with. If you guys have any contacts (besides the obvious ones like "why don't you try ICE Performance") in businesses that you reckon would be interested in hearing our spiel, then please list their contact details here or PM them to me.

Those of you who were there, now's a good time to discuss your feelings on what transpired and those of you who weren't can have your questions answered here.

i wasnt there, but im sure you guys are a bunch of A-Holes!

but in all seriousness, i couldnt make it last night due to work commitment and finished about the time the meeting started, but i received the annual statement for the club (remember when i registered Skylines Australia Vic Inc. last year after that meeting shan?) considering that i now have a busy workload (try 20 lightshades, 77 glass basins, all glass firings take about 18hours, and my kiln aint so big) i need to pass the name of the club onto someone else, lucky this statement came up, otherwise iwould of forgot.

adz, im sure snowie will pm you about it, but if you want to talk about it, pm me also and we can arange something ;D and also we can discuss this skylines australia thing to :(

It was a good get together and some general talk of where we hope to go, but needs to be better controlled from a structured meeting perspective. This will evolve with time though. Sky put some good questions forward to help with any confusion as to what aour fees will be structured around and CAMS affiliation benefits.

Shan also has a very quiet voice so we need a microphone setup. He also needs to not hide in a dark unlit street corner when waiting for a mate to come jump start his car. Lucky I saw the reflection from his glasses as I came past the second time. I don't want to say the obvious but.....:( glad I could help mate.

I think Creatd would be interested as a northside tuning option as Melbourne is pretty large. Also Autobarn Epping is worth a try. Factory Direct Tyres and Wheels Settlement road Thomastown. Daalder Exhausts plenty road near Bell Street.

geoff, thanks heaps for the jumpstart... lol

(following the factory tour) i came to the realisation that licensing essentials factory is in fairfield, which is very closeby to me.

also you reckon you could talk to the brothers from autobarn n creatd n soften em up for my sales pitch lol

oh and lest i forget we still need your help for the MSCA affiliation proposal... did you get a chance to talk to snowie bout it last night?

Geoff - upon discussion with the staff at the Whitehorse we will have a microphone set-up etc from the meeting in Sept onwards. They couldn't arrange it for the August meeting.

But I agree it will help making the meetings a little more organised. But having said that it was really the first meeting so we are still finding our feet. In the past it has just been cruises and the like so it was all a little new.

As for sponsor possibilities - for tyres it would be great if we could get one of the following companies because they are the distributors of the R Spec tyres as well as normal tyres.

Dunlop - Stukey Tyre Services - 828 Sydney Rd. Brunswick 3056 - PH: 9386-5331

Bridgestone - TRACKSIDE 161 Canterbury rd, Kilsyth, VIC 3137. PH: 0409 021 885

Yokohama - Traction Tyre Center - 65 Kellets Rd - Roweville - PH. 9764 2811

Trackside would be the best simply cause the Bridgestones are the cheapest to begin with! :(

I'll be talking to Rob from Creatd tomorrow and start the ball rolling with Autobarn Epping (Daniel). Stickers and airbrushing are done at Creatd by Artistic so there is another avenue.

I need to talk to some track secretaries from other clubs today and tomorrow and get the letterhead. I'll then start emailing my drafts to yourself, Snowie and Roy for comment. It is all deopendent on CAMS approval so can we just get a clarification of the likelihood of that (Snowman?)?

awesome good work re: cams

unfortunately tyrepower closed down next to my work which sucks because the manager looked after me good i could of asked him, but now he runs a place further down cooper st epping, i can try find him and ask if he would be interested and to watch out for a little guy in glasses to come past?

theres also a Mr Muffler next door but i havent really got much done from them.

oh and in place of the old tyre power, is a new tyre place, but again, i dont know the guy but it is another idea for the northerners.

i think it would be good if people from different areas (north south east west) pm one of the commitee members (most likely shan the pimp) with possible suggestions on what places there are in their areas that they think would like to sponsor? would make sau vic sponsorship all over melbourne, making sau vic more dominent than other standared car clubs. unless this was discussed at the meeting im not sure sorry :(. but yeah, i think it would be good to have a more broader coverege

another thing, skylinesteve held a dyno day (forgot the place, maztec? i forgot, im slow) would they like to sponsor? but also have to watch out for other sponsors in the area getting pissed (i.e putting more pepsi stickers than coke stickers on your car)

awesome good work re: cams

unfortunately tyrepower closed down next to my work which sucks because the manager looked after me good i could of asked him, but now he runs a place further down cooper st epping, i can try find him and ask if he would be interested and to watch out for a little guy in glasses to come past?

theres also a Mr Muffler next door but i havent really got much done from them.

oh and in place of the old tyre power, is a new tyre place, but again, i dont know the guy but it is another idea for the northerners.

i think it would be good if people from different areas (north south east west) pm one of the commitee members (most likely shan the pimp) with possible suggestions on what places there are in their areas that they think would like to sponsor? would make sau vic sponsorship all over melbourne, making sau vic more dominent than other standared car clubs. unless this was discussed at the meeting im not sure sorry :(. but yeah, i think it would be good to have a more broader coverege

another thing, skylinesteve held a dyno day (forgot the place, maztec? i forgot, im slow) would they like to sponsor? but also have to watch out for other sponsors in the area getting pissed (i.e putting more pepsi stickers than coke stickers on your car)

The new guy at the trye place is a bit exxy so I've struck them off my list. The Tyrepower guy was great. Likewise the Mr Muffler was not helpful.

yeah tyrepower guy had issues with council (on account of them letting a discount tyre place open up next door to my work on high st side, and the fact he got on the table at a council meeting and kicked a water jar in the face of the mayor of whittlesea) so i will try find where he is as im sure he would be good to help, and he has a personality and not just a door knob