SAU Community

Thoughts On This R34 Gt-r?

The plot thickens more.

Got this from history check. I assume nobody wanted it at auction so the repaired it kept driving it.

The rego details show a little under 100ks on export so that matches up. The dates also match up with his claims of being the first Aussie owner.

Thanks again for ordering a check with us. Sorry we couldn't get back to you sooner, however after we received the registration certificate we realised that another, later auction sheet result must have existed. We went back and searched the auction archives again and managed to find the second auction result (attached). The summary findings are as follows:

1) Car goes to auction at HAA Kobe, March 2008, with 81,240 kms and mechanical repairs required

2) Car is registered for road use in Japan, April 2008 with 81,200 kms (mileage is always rounded to nearest 100 on registration certificate)

3) Car is registered for road use in Japan, March 2010 with 91,700 kms

4) Car goes to auction at USS Tokyo March 2011 with 94,230 kms

5) Car is complied for road use in Australia, June 2011 by Japanese Performance Vehicles Pty Ltd

post-23873-14428705130949_thumb.jpg

My dads view was offer him what the lower end of the market goes for and get a bargain as no serious buyer or collector will touch it when I sell it.

It was never intended to be a museum piece though.

That would be what, 45k? No chance that will happen but for 47-50 with all those spares might be a bargain...

IMO this is where you're at.

You know the story of the car. Pay less than a "showroom" example and you'll enjoy it more than a garage queen no story car etc and won't be too afraid of getting it dirty and using it to its potential.

I went through Iron Chef back in 2013. Best decision I ever made. Found a pristine example and price was spectacularly good compared to Australian cars on the market.

2.5 years on, 20 psi of boost (-7s 330rwkw) and 145 compression on all 6

http://www.fcautosource.com/SoldListingDetail.aspx?fcauto_id=10410&makemodel=1999_NISSAN_SKYLINE_GT-R%20VSPEC

Seems like a decent guy.

I'm still torn about buying a car that I know has been hit hard enough to require an inner guard, upper and lower radiator support and bonnet...

But then I look around at what else is out there, for the price, then factor in those spares and how much I like the r35 color on it and that when I move it on I'll have the same issues selling.

Hard to balance up.