SAU Community

Formula 1 2016

JAS-25T

Yeh..i suspect test colours and will do a flip for Melb

Gutted F1 is without Lorus again...i understand the heritage wasnt really there but people recognised the hustory of the name and recognition it commanded and chose to at least keep the great name alive.

Will go back to holding my breath that some loaded chap wants to bring the name Tyrrell back

• Like 1

I like it, but I think I read somewhere that it is indeed just a pre-season livery.

Will miss the black and gold Lotus colours thats for sure

Black and Gold were not Lotus colours really. British Racing Green and yellow were. The Black and gold livery was cigarette companies colours, same as the blue and yellow that nobody remembers.

Never really cared for the corporate bankers/capitalists trying to claim the Lotus heritage. They could have had it for $2 back in 1994 but no one wanted it then. So they pay millions for it years after it has lost most of its value. Was happy enough with the Toleman/Benetton/Renault lineage. Don't forget this was the team that gave Derrick Warwick (A former Renault factory driver too, by the way) and some bloke called Senna a break. Plus Johnny Cecotto drove for them if you wanted to follow a Venezuelan.

BTW, best driver combination ever: Johnny ChookLotto and Gianfranco BrokenTellie, Bathurst 1987.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...