SAU Community

SAU Circuit Times

Roy

I competed in Round 2 of the NSW Supersprint CHPS at Wakefield Park today (first time on Wakefield Park) and had a best time of 1.11.69. Finished 4th in SVD and 18 th overall. (84 starters). The R33 GTS-t was well down on power this weekend as i had a power run with Dyno Dave on the way down to Goulburn on Saturday and was down to 202kw from 240kw previously. I'm going to have to try and find out where the missing kw are. Next round is on the GP Circuit at Oran Park in 1 month.

Ian

SAU Nickname Bullant47 (Ian)

Car Make and Model Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T

Circuit Name Wakefield Park

Lap Time 1:11:69 (Timed by CAMS)

Modifications

Engine : GCG Hi Flow Turbo, Power FC, HKS Step 1 Cams, Variable Exhaust Cam Gear, Nismo 555cc Injectors, R34 Front Intercooler, R34 Fuel Pump, Sard FPR, Oil Cooler.

Power: 202 rwkw (At presant) Has been as high as 260 rwkw

Suspension: Whiteline Front and Rear Adjustable Sway Bars, Whileline Springs, Front and Rear strut supports,Bilstein Shock Absorbers, Rose Jointed Caster Rods, Rose Jointed Rear Upper Arms

Tyres: Bridgesone RE55s

Brakes: DBS Slotted Sport Front Rotors Ferodo Racing Pads, Rear Standard Rotors and Pads,Cusco Brake Master Cylinder Support. Motol 600 Brake Fluid.

1:11 is moving along nicely.  My best is 1:15 with stock turbo but I have just installed a GCG highflow myself.  Twill be interesting.

You will be giving a 1:11 - 1:10 a big scare with the extra grunt and the RE55s, :D

And bugger, im off the Wakefield top 10:( Need to get back there with the new turbo and sticky rubber:)

And the Winton times are starting to get pretty serious:) LOL, i reckon my car can still improve in the order of 4-5 seconds around palce like PI and Sandown, but at Winton ill be amazed if i can get a 1:40.00 - 1:40.50:(

Hey Troy,

Update my 1st post with a time for Oran Park GP Circuit.

1:23.9

but there's plenty more in her left, this was done with the brakes going to the floor and entering corners with the rear wheel locked half the time.

Made the mistake of trial testing some new front pads in developement for a friend. After 15 laps the fronts had disintergrated and the rears after doing all the work went down to the backing plate.

Made drifting easier thou!!!

Hey Troy,  

Update my 1st post with a time for Oran Park GP Circuit.

1:23.9  

but there's plenty more in her left...  

What did you end up doing engien wise after the probs you were having a while ago?

This was the first time i have been out on the track so give me a break :Pimp2:

SAU Nickname: A-Plex

Car Make and Model: R33 Gts-t

Circuit Name: Wakefield

Lap time: 1:18:03

Modifications

Engine: None

Power: 136KW (at the rears)

Suspension: Stock

Tyres: Nankang 265 (rear) Nankang 235 (front)

Brakes: Stock

Body weight: Stock, dont know what that is...

• 2 weeks later...
What did you end up doing engien wise after the probs you were having a while ago?

I ended up with a 2nd hand RB20 which was never quite as good as the original one that now resides on the floor of a dirty workshop somewhere in Queanbeyan.

My turbs is still hanging in there although after a couple of hot shut downs after 1 exploding radiator and heaps of cooler pipe probs, it has begun burning a bit of oil.

Still i'm getting 200kw @ rw and that's plenty at the moment.

Waiting for either AP Engineering version of a Power Fc or else i'm just gonna plug a Haltec or Motec up. With the GTR injectors i've got and the turb pushing over 1.5 bar i'm hoping for mid 200's at the rear until the standard internals lunch themselves.

Not sure whether anyone has made mention of this (I haven't read all of the thread).

Some of the times put up for eastern creek are surprising. I saw a GTR do a 1.55 which is the equivalent time to the time done by a brand new SS commonwhore in Motor magazine. The GTR had a few mods too (suspension and engine). I'm surprised the GTR is not significantly faster. I know the Holden's have heaps of power these days (for stock cars) though wouldn't think their suspension and braking would be that good.

I guess they had a professional driver do the laps so that could have saved a couple of seconds combined with the fact that it is not their car so wouldn't be as worried.

What are your thoughts?

Well I can't comment on the gtr doing 1.55s...maybe it was on really crap tyres? or the driver hadn't done many laps there?

The best street gtr time I've seen was 1.49 by an F3 driver who I guess can steer OK, we are hoping to get close to that with the combined touring car.

But we have certainly been wondering what it is about the air in NSW that makes GTSts quicker on all the tracks....it doesn't seem to be the same in Vic? Maybe as you get closer to the equator the 2nd turbo looses its power?

Also, dont forget a lot of the Jap import cars putting down lap times may still have the 180km speed limiter. I know i did, thats why i cant wait to get back to EC next week, im praying i can give a 1:52 a scare (fimngers crossed)

you have to remember duncan that on the other side of the equator everything spins in the oposite direction so as the turbos get closer they lose effectiveness............or thats my theory anyways

It's the radial distance from the centre of the earths axis. The closer you are, the less gravitational attraction and therefore less grip so the GTR has the advantage.........