SAU Community

SAU Circuit Times

Roy

well.....I know that feeling well, if you think improved production is a pain try production cars (3E).
In Production Cars this year, mmmmm let's see, that would be 1 X GTR, 2 X Celicas and 2 X Integras. It demands we work harder and smarter, for small increments.
But there are plenty of GTRs out there that are being which arent being built to rules that should be able to compete, I just don't know where any of them are?
That's the problem, guys that really know how to get speed out of a circuit race car are going to build them to reg's. People who know how to drive on a circuit (not a professional) is hardly likely to want a car not built to regs, otherwise they can't compete.
maybe too busy at photoshoots and not out on the track enough
I suspect that's closer to the mark.

:(

I love the 300ZX slot car, more workshops should be building these sorts of cars.

But one thing that goes thru my mind is that a friends old 200SX did 1:48s around Eastern Creek:thumbsup: And that was on D01Js, and with about 240rwkws, Gab suspension, Alcon brakes, full interior and Nizpro turbo, SAS tune.

The guys at Motoconcepts days would remember it, white with a pretty nice kit, and a kevlar Recaro with BBS 3-pce wheels:whackit: 1:48s!!!!!!!!!

I love the 300ZX slot car, more workshops should be building these sorts of cars.

But one thing that goes thru my mind is that a friends old 200SX did 1:48s around Eastern Creek:thumbsup:  And that was on D01Js, and with about 240rwkws, Gab suspension, Alcon brakes, full interior and Nizpro turbo, SAS tune.    

The guys at Motoconcepts days would remember it, white with a pretty nice kit, and a kevlar Recaro with BBS 3-pce wheels:whackit:  1:48s!!!!!!!!!

Hi Roy, it's a good effort, but it's just more evidence....

Don Pulver at last years Procar round at Eastern Creek did a 1.46 in the 200SX. That's STANDARD except for ECU, roll cage, springs, shocks and tyres. No lightweighting, no power up parts, standard brakes etc etc Imagine how fast it would go with 100 kgs less weight and 100 rwkw more power.

I think the issue, as John raised it, is GTR's versus the UAS 300ZX. Ric did a 1.42 at that same meeting in his RX7S8 (same regs), so how fast would a STANDARD R34GTR go if appropriately circuit prepared and driven?.:(

Hmm I shouldn't keep whoring this thread, but Gary do you really think that a 34 GTR would be faster than a S8 RX7 in 3E regs? I suspect the extra 300kg in the gtr would really make a difference. The 2x Evo Vs joining combined tourers this year might shake things up too :rant:

Hmm I shouldn't keep whoring this thread, but Gary do you really think that a 34 GTR would be faster than a S8 RX7 in 3E regs? I suspect the extra 300kg in the gtr would really make a difference.  The 2x Evo Vs joining combined tourers this year might shake things up too :(

Firstly it depends on the spec of the R34GTR, the N1 Nur spec being the most obvious. The real issue is what "spec" would it be allowed to run and how much "handicapping" would be applied. GTR's have too good a reputation for decimating race fields, so the handcuffs would be out before it even turned a wheel. The RX7's suffer badly from heat and need "assistance" on hot days and long races. They were able to cruise for long periods in the 12hrs, so ignore that. It is also relevant how "sharp" they are allowed to run, some of them are very phat.

Then it comes down to the circuit, at Philip Island, Sandown and Bathurst the R34GTR would have an advantage. Whilst at Wakefield, Mallala, Warwick and Oran it wouldn't. Calder, Qld Raceway, Eastern Creek and Barbag are in the middle. Obviously if it rains......

Adding Evo's into the mix is going to be a futher problem, they don't have the weaknesses of the RX7's or Rex's and they have a distinct weight advantage on the GTR's. They are always going to be hard to beat given sufficient budget, then it comes down to driver and team skill at extracting the best on the day.

But I would sure as hell like to give it a try, did someone mention budget....

:rant:

Back on topic :D

I've edited my post on page 1 for my Phillip Island time

12/03/05

Circuit Name: Phillip Island

Lap time: 1.57.6

and still on std turbos and street rubber :rant:

Roy can you update the main post :(

SAU Nickname: RTFGTR

Car Make and Model: 1989 Skyline R32 GTR

Circuit Name: Phillip Island

Lap Time: 2.11.17s (first time on a track)

Mods:

T78 conversion, Cam Gears, Trust FMIC, GReddy Boost Controller @ 1.7 bar,

Power: ???

Suspension: Tien Type HA

Tyres: TOYO R1R's

Brakes: Standard Rotors - Pad type unknown

Body Weight: Heavy!

Was at Phillip Island for WRX club track championship - fisrt time on track, not long now to next track day... car has more potential than me at the moment!

SAU Nickname: Aaron34

Car Make and Model: GTR R34 VSpec 99 model

Circuit Name: The Island

Lap time: 1.46.56 in the GTR 1.54.9 in the WRX 1.43.0 ZX10R

Sandown - 1.18.93

Winton - 1.33.65

Calder - 1.01.96

Modifications : Benno special engine with Garret 2860-5 turbo's

Power: 350 rwkw

Suspension: Racepace Special

Tyres: RE55

Brakes: Harrop calipers front and rear

Body weight: R34GTR Fat :wassup: !

SAU Nickname: Maccattack

Car Make and Model: 95 R33 GTR

Circuit Name: Qld Raceway - Sprint Circuit

Lap time: 58.5 seconds

Modifications Exhaust, PFC, standard High-flow turbos

Engine: Stock

Power:

Suspension: Ohlins shocks & Eibach springs

Tyres: Bridgestone RE55

Brakes: Stock with Endless race pads

Body weight:

SAU Nickname: blind_elk

Car Make and Model: R32 GTS4

Circuit Name: Wakefield Park (1st time there - Nissan Datsun Nationals)

Lap Time: 1:16.7

Modifications: RB25DET, Wolf 3D 4+

Engine: Stock

Power: 180 Awkw

Suspension: Bilstein shocks, Kings lowered springs, Whiteline (front) camber kit, GT-R HD rear bar

Tyres: Bridgestone Potenza GIII, 235/45/17

Brakes: Bendix Ultimate, Motul DOT5.1, braided brake lines, DBA slotted front disks

Body Weight: 1520 kg

Drifto

R32 GTS-T

RB20 DET

app 1400kg with driver and fluids

Wakefield

2nd lap before intercooler hoses started blowing off and coils packed it in.

1:12.9

Eastern Creek

More lilke a drift session but anyway

1:56.2

Mods

GTR rims and Dunlop DO1 Formula 225/50 16s

DBA slotted rotors with Bendix Ultimate pads and Motul RBF 600 fluid

Very tired Bilstien coil overs, Kaaz 2 way diff, Tomei Hicas lock, Cusco castor/camber kits

GTR front mount, GTR Fuel pump, APXI ITC & AFC, High Flow T3 with HKS electronic boost controller

And one very loose driver!!!!

What did you think of Wakefield Greg? I love it, its a great little track, very involving:)
Quite good. Takes a while to get used to Turn 1 - looks tight, then you get half way round and realise there's a 4-lane highway on the other side LOL. That then allows you to flat stick thru the kink and jump on the anchors at 80 metres.

Took me quite a few laps to work the corner up on the hill - worked out I was turning in way too late. But still getting massive understeer thru Turn 9.

Had a good dice with a little SR20DETd 1600 - had some serious mumbo in a straight line, but didn't have the kahunas to flat stick it thru the kink on the front straight.

Flat thru the kink, sh1t neither do I:(

The apex of that kink was basically my braking marker, on a good lap i would just hit the 180km/h limiter at he apex, farked if id ever brake on the back side of the kink though.:)

How do you compare it to Winton, i think it leaves it for dead despite being similar speeds, length, although Wakefield is a bit quicker:)