SAU Community

Gtr Bov On Gtst - Atmo - Map Ecu

mrsr32

Hi

I'm so going to get killed for this, but I have searched for the last 2 hours and can't find anything definitive.

With an aftermarket map ecu, so not using maf.

Can I run a stock gtr bov on a gtst (as it appears to be a good upgrade) and vent it to atmo?

This will save me having to have my new 3" alloy intake pipe modded to have a return to recirc it.

what makes you think its a good upgrade?

Note, GTR BOV's are entirely different in setup. Note i sad BOVs. Not 100% sure but they might be a smaller size than a the single item from a gts-t.
Secondly, its something that opens up to let air out. Why do you need to upgrade your existing one?

Thirdly, yes you can run to atmo and with map should be minimal issues. Except legal ones.

what makes you think its a good upgrade?

Note, GTR BOV's are entirely different in setup. Note i sad BOVs. Not 100% sure but they might be a smaller size than a the single item from a gts-t.

Secondly, its something that opens up to let air out. Why do you need to upgrade your existing one?

Thirdly, yes you can run to atmo and with map should be minimal issues. Except legal ones.

You should probably do some research on how bypass/recirc/blow off valves work.

OP

Tep good upgrade. Just don't run it atmo because they are open under vacuum.

Never gave the operation of a stock item much thought, just blocked it off on my old gts-t as i had a suspicion they were leaking. Probably unfounded.

Are you saying that they perform differently from the general setup of an aftermarket item?

A quick search on sau will tell you the diff between a gtr and gts bov. I just couldn't find the answer to my particular Q about running one atmo with a map sensored ecu.

So what I can gather is that it is only good if run recirc and I should look aftermarket if I want an atmo one