SAU Community

My R34 4 Door Daily Driver Project

ste

hi folks ,

I have just joined the site so thought id put up a small project thread for my daily driver. This is a long term project so progress will be slow and the end product will be a far cry from the 480bhp r34 4 door i hd a few years back....

so here goes

I haven't really been too into road cars since selling my old r34 4 door back in 2011. The drift car has been zapping away at most of my disposable income, but with the huge increase in the imports coming in the urge for another road project was inevitable. i hadn't got a good budget to start with so i knew my choices would be limited and with the hassle with vrt as of late with them making up prices i knew a fresh import would be feasible for me.
I've always regretted selling that 4 door 34 so I've been lucky enough to be able to buy another one albeit a very basic and slow version.
a lot of you may have see the car before as its been here a few years now.
its a 2000 nissan skyline hr34 4 door with an rb20de :( but manual so not all bad
The car is completely standard with exception to some brand new bc coilers that were fitted by previous owner less than a moth ago and a mega mega rare Nismo s-tune rear duck tail spoiler..
The cars not as clean as id like but clean enough considering it hasn't really been enthusiast owned. It has a few jobs that need doing urgently . The small window in drivers side rear door is perspex but managed to source one from Garage -D in the uk so should have that on friday. The rear bumper isn't a good colour match so thats being repainted as is the boost lid as it has some rust around 3rd brake light as a previous owner chipped it trying to change bulb from the outside:mad)
so here it is when i got it
246oxhc.jpg
2dsrexi.jpg
I have this splitter on the way purchased by the previous owner but might opt for a gtr bumper instead
123343a.jpg
and heres how it currently sits after i gave it a wash, set the ride height to the way i wanted until arches are rolled on monday then it will be lower and borrowed the wheels off my s14 drift car
5wjhn8.jpg
rk0w9k.jpg
qn62rp.jpg
  • Like 2

things have been going slow on this as im saving for my hols at the min. Still working on sorting the lil niggles that are annoying me .

first up was ditch the poxy caliper paint for something a lil less max power

kboz7m.jpg

little better now

20ae99w.jpg

when i bought the car the drivers window was stuck up so after looking high and low and cross referencing part numbers etc i had to go order one in japan from amayama. Took 3 weeks in total to come but at least its in now

epn349.jpg

one of my main gripes with the car was the drivers rear fly window. For the last few years its been a cut of perspex so i got onto Julian in Garage-D in watford and he hooked me up with a replacement

153spkh.jpg

23wmmiw.jpg

20 mins later all fitted. (its been fitted with a matching tint since)

ri6cnq.jpg

as with most jap cars the interior is dull as hell so just done what id done with my old 34 and used a few cuts of a carbon vinyl to cover window switches

4k9o50.jpg

14cbjnr.jpg

With the good weather i got to give it a good wash. I spent a few hours on the exterior giving it a wash, iron cleanse, paint renovater, clay bar and a wax . I also removed the nissan logos from the bonnet and bootlid. Im debating on removing the SKYLINE from the bootlid also. The exterior of the car looks and feels much better after a good cleaning

24wyosl.jpg

m8ij9l.jpg

2hzlrh5.jpg

To stop my wheel rubbing issue on the rear i arranged to get Romeo Cesar to come up and roll my arches and he did a top job on it. doesnt rub at all now and dropped another 17mm using a 18x10.5 et12 rear wheel with a 234/40/18 tyre

166zvk2.jpg

ordered one of these from jesse streeter should have it in a week. Its a newly released Yashio Factory Oakachan v2 water meter that displays speed,rpm,temp,throttle, injector etc and works from the diagnostic port so no hard wiring. These are on available for nissan currently.

fw7v3c.jpg

Well car is now got a fresh Nct failed on first attempt due to headlight alignment and a centre brake bulb being blown, overall i was chuffed it didn't fail on more

got my Yashio okachan water meter v2 from Jesse Streeter yesterday so threw in in there this evening. Its a cool bit of kit plugs straight into diagnostic port. just used an apex stand on it for the min.

2dbw2o4.jpg

33eseh5.jpg

219s76p.jpg

2cerp1g.jpg

n33yhw.jpg

35mjsiq.jpg

also removed rear spoiler and sold to a guy in oz got good money for it so was happy enough and my Fortune auto front splitter arrived so just taped it together as it was cut in two in japan to check fitment and its perfect.. Hope to get the boot lid , rear bumper and front bumper and splitter painted in the next 2 weeks or so..

2iicsab.jpg

23h9g6x.jpg

2zzsugi.jpg

347y82b.jpg

33jib9w.jpg

• Like 1

just said id update this a lil more. Im finally not embarrassed to be driving the car now. The car had some unsightly marks around the body that really pissed me off after removing the spoiler etc. The cars been here 8years give or take so hasn't been looked after the best cosmetically. I came across a massive problem when went getting quotes to get the work done in various bodyshops. The car is a nissan flat white QM1 on the chassis plate which meant the car was resprayed at some point here in ireland. Heres some pics of the bits i was unhappy with

293ginn.jpg

28c0wpi.jpg

apbjh2.jpg

141tyfl.jpg

The respray itself was a very very good job but unfortunately they didn't use a nissan pearl white and didn't leave me a code to work from so i was 3 weeks solid getting the colour sourced via the petrol flap

Eventually i left the flap in with a guy who gave me an extremely competitive quote and id seen his work before so i knew it was up to par. He called in his supplier to source colour and we got a match to a Lexus pearl white

zsqws3.jpg

With the colour sourced we agreed on the price and date to get the work done.

The work i wanted done was :

-fit new front splitter, repair and repaint front bumper

-repair and repaint rear bumper

-debadge bootlid

-repair rust and weld up spoiler holes

-repaint bootlid.

Due to pearl being so hard to match he had to blend in rear 1/4s but he also informed me that he would repaint rear light covers and give the car a full buff free of charge :-)

Heres the progress pics he sent me

6f6wjk.jpg

mbhao6.jpg

vsn96c.jpg

20ilxz.jpg

2rxb760.jpg

Got the car back exactly a week later and can't get over the job he done the colour match is 100 per cent in my eyes couldn be happier . I will be getting more body work done after my holidays when ill be sourcing em skirts and rear spats swell as uras window and boot spoilers. i was gonna get a frp gtr style bumper but i think the setup i have now works just as good. Anyways heres some pics i took the day i collected it

w5h04.jpg

116rtop.jpg

r1naj5.jpg

4g23vb.jpg

bhlmw7.jpg

2s9u736.jpg

20uvdz6.jpg

v81qvc.jpg

1zbxge9.jpg

Pretty much forgotten all about this car as a project. Theres been a few personal things that have distracted me from showing any interest in the car.

Having decided im too old for going the bodykit route and opting for an oem look bodywise, i began looking for genuine oem optional sideskirts and rear bumper spats. I searched high and low and any sets i managed to find required winning the euro millions to purchase. So gave up on the search until last week where i got the finger out again. Unfortunately i couldnt locate any genuine items i could afford but did locate a guy reproducing frp versions from original mouldings. He happens to be based in Russia, where he tells me they are quite the fans of jdm cars. I ordered them from him and including delivery works out extremely cheap and i expect to recieve in 3 weeks or so as he manufactures to order.

Heres how they look on other cars, they are very subtle but since my car has a front lip fitted it will level the car out on the exterior . I cant stand cars with front lips hugging the ground then the arse and sides are up in the air.

imqwlg.jpg

2n0ps7m.jpg

This is how i want the rear of the car looking with rear spats, boot spoiler and roof spoiler

208z9g2.jpg

I also need to buy a new set of wheels as i currently have only 4 wheels between this and the drift car :-( so when the jr's are on the r34 the drift cars on stands and vice versa

i havent decided on whether or not to buy another set of the same wheels, a different style altogether for the r34 or a drop down from 18s to 17s as seen in the middle pic above. 17s will allow me to go a lil lower.

After searching high and low for oem skirts and rear bumper spats since buying ther car and having no luck, i managed to find a guy who who make me replicas using plastified epoxy and structural fibreglass. So this morning 3 weks after ordering the box arrived from russia. im over the moon with the finish,strength,quality and fit of these and far exceeded my expectations. It will be late janurary or early feb before they are painted and fitted as i want to get some spoilers and possibly r34 gtr side skirt diffusers to give it a more aggressive lower stance.

i jus sat them against the car to check fit and ive noticed changes i wanna make to wheel choice or ride height its just not sitting the way id like it too . Chances are ill have to change wheels as the offsets and widths wont allow me to go lower..

heres a view pics and opinions are always welcomed and appreciated

26443dg.jpg

rtkuw3.jpg

t4u136.jpg

1toi9e.jpg

289abtw.jpg

2aihibk.jpg

6itw9i.jpg

2rho9ea.jpg

291hwl0.jpg

One or two more bits order and arrived for this...

Have this 350mm personal grinta wheel on the way from Andy in planet drift

14cd1rd.jpg

dbr1mu.jpg

j6sqz9.jpg

And the last piece of the exterior puzzle arrived today. Origin roof spoiler. If I do any more to the exterior it will just be the uras boot lid spoiler

2r38iz4.jpg

6pnvgp.jpg

The car will be going to get the oem skirts , oem rear spats and the origin roof spoiler painted and fitted in the coming weeks along with getting a small scuff repaired on the front lip.

car will be off to the bodyshop next week

I had planned on going uras for both but the price is crazy by the time I get them shipped.

I have a manufacturer i use in Russia who makes oem skirts and rear pods if you were ever interested

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys. I had a 500 bhp 4 door er34 a few years ago so wanna keep this white one subtle looking.

I'm from Dublin Ireland so I'll explain how my license plate works.

My number is 00 d 113116

So 00 stands for year 2000

d stands for the state I live in "dublin"

113116 is the number of vehicles registered in my state in that year

Hope that makes sense

The license number of my last 4 door r34 was

99 d 34

That cost me extra tho

• Like 1

Picked up these today so handling is 90% done<script pagespeed_no_defer="">(function(){var g=this,h=function(b,d){var a=b.split("."),c=g;a[0]in c||!c.execScript||c.execScript("var "+a[0]);for(var e;a.length&&(e=a.shift());)a.length||void 0===d?c[e]?c=c[e]:c=c[e]={}:c[e]=d};var l=function(b){var d=b.length;if(0=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in wind){for(var>

Can dial in some negative camber and get it even lower :)