SAU Community

dyno day @ selectmaz - the aftermath

WazR32GTSt

just arrived home from the dyno day - great to see plenty of cars out there even though it was bloody freezing!

a big thanks to skylinesteve for organising the day and the bbq...

everyone post up their figures and pics (saw RedlineGTR and riggaP both with cameras plus probably some more ppl also)

had my car on there with its pissy little stock cat-back exhaust. was pinging and they thought the bast timing was out. put some octane booster in but still pinging. pumped out a MASSIVE 108rwkw (with a free serve of ping) but gives me some sort of base when i fit my 3" cat-back and fix my pinging (i supect dodgy fuel pump myself)

cheers,

Warren.

oh did anyone get a shot of my car on the dyno? if they did can they email it to me: [email protected], thanks.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're only getting 108 it might be worth finding out what the problem is before you start doing any mods to it.

108 is extremely low for a turbo car. :Oops:

yeah what i wrote wasn't in the right order... more like FIX PINGING then exhaust

he basically put it on the dyno then started running it a bit and stopped and said it was pinging and that i wouldn't get a power figure. he chucked in some additive and ran it just to be able to give me a figure but it was still pinging he said. i couldn't hear it myself but glad i took it out today to find the problem.

hey waz

i didnt realise that was you ..... GTR cams and all and 108rwkw .... the pinging was audible first time on . but after the additive u couldnt quite hear it. was much better ... i thought anyways

i would look into your timing ... maybe retarding it will help it ..... coz i think its too far advanced personally (which is the usual symtom of pinging) ....plus with the higher lifting gtr cams.

108 is extremely low for a turbo car.

extremely low for a turbo car? bit harsh aint ya ? mine pulled 95rwkw stock as a rock when i bought it ...... happily i can say with a zorst and filter i'm at 116rwkw today ..hehe

they were still going when i left at about 4 ..would be just bout finished now

*hope i get a proper print out of my graphs*:P

Matt

extremely low for a turbo car? bit harsh aint ya ? mine pulled 95rwkw stock as a rock when i bought it .

Not harsh at all... my stock R31 (with 1 less cam and 1 less turbo than you guys) managed over 100 at the rears....

with figures that low, there must be some underlying issues.

hey guys i was only there for about 15 minutes. only knew like 2 people :P

anyway warren i didnt realise u were there (maybe u werent when i got there)

i can still do that consult check up if you want, let me know and we can arrange a meet or something.

Not harsh at all...  my stock R31 (with 1 less cam and 1 less turbo than you guys) managed over 100 at the rears....  

with figures that low, there must be some underlying issues.

of course .... not to say that an extra litre of cubic capacity doesnt even the scales a little on the stock level

108rw isnt too bad for a stock 32... or isnt it stock?

when i put mine on the dyno at racepace dyno i only got 110rwkw and that was stock except for a catback.

when i put mine on the dyno at racepace dyno i only got 110rwkw and that was stock except for a catback.

stock-ish...

dump pipe, fmic, and gtr cams only

at my stage, the only real power is coming from dump and cams but i expect a big improvement after fixing my fuel problem / timing problem and chucking on the 3" cat-back

enough of me... anyone got pics??

my hands were soooooooooooooo bloody cold they went different colous and numb!

thanks guys for all turning up and it was are great day all out apart from the weather mmmmm indeed, all got nice rides and hope 2 catch up with u all soon i well be sending u all out your dyno print outs and putting them up hear on the forum in the next few days for sure? and more than welcome to hold more dyno days and great to see people injoying them self nice to have met some of u and hope to catch up again very soon

Well I had fun ;)

I made 194.6rwkw and I'm still scratching my head trying to work out how :confused: but I'm really impressed with the result :D It was great to meet a few more SAUers too.

Here are a few pics. I didnt get that many coz I left early. If anyone wants the hi-res versions PM me.

waz.jpg

200sx.jpg

adz.jpg

black32.jpg

r31.jpg

195.jpg

^^This car is actually blue in sunlight :)

OK... I just assumed it was a 33 ..(seeing as every man and his dog has one :D)

I didn't realise it was a 32.. but considering the mods which have already been done to it, the figures don't seem to add up.

I'm just saying that I'd expect it to go harder than that.

well i didn't run on the dyno, but was indeed a good turnout. fingers are still numb tho from the cold... omg coldest dyno runs ever!

I did find something out about my car tho, the brakes need replacing... :D

Funniest moment was Shan standing there sticking his fingers into a piece of KFC trying to warm them up.

Earlier in the day my mate Dat from over the road was there with his RB20'd 180SX and was standing around in THONGS and everyone thought he was mad. It was raining at the time as well!

Great day Steve. Thanks for setting it up.

Good day but was farkin cold!!!

I managed 322kw@wheels at around 1.4bar boost.

One graph showed 360kw@wheels on 1 of my runs but that was some sort of error coz i would have been pulling bits my stock internals from the sump if it went that high i think :D

Had a great time, was nice to meet all of you and good to give the car a run and get some feedback on my pump problems. Looks like the standard fuel pumps are just plain crappy hey Waz coz mines not getting enough fuel up either! Can cause some nasty knock! Still managed to get a figure of 225kw which was pretty interesting. Thanks to Steve and the guys from Selectmaz for putting on the day and the yummy BBQ! :D

Looks like i missed out on a good day :)

I was too busy working out how to get the front of my engine back together!

But with a new timing belt my car is no longer afraid of the dyno!!

(and a big thankyou to Geoff for the GTR service manual!! you the man!!)