SAU Community

What is this swith for? ? 260rs

livewire

Hey guys. I just purchased an autech 260rs and came across a little switch on the drivers side kick panel near accelerator pedal. It kinda looks factory as the 'off' writing isnt a sticker or painted on by hand. I innitially thought it may be a kill switch but after testing its not. Does anyone else have this switch or know what it could be?

Thanks

20160722_140857.jpg

3 hours ago, livewire said:

I'll give that a go when i get a chance. I didnt know you could actually have a 2wd switch fitted. 

Any ideas on diff lock switch?

There is no diff lock in the Atessa scheme of things. There is a switch which will give you a 50/50 fore and aft power split but that only operates at low speeds for e.g. getting you out of a muddy paddock or up a boat ramp. As soon as you hit 20 km/hr or so it reverts to the stock 95% rear until the rear wheels start to spin.

The 2wd switch (if that's what it is...its not a factory item someone had to install it to save you pulling the plug behind the driver's kick panel)  works as described by Aaron but it only works until you turn  the engine off and then you have to set it again. From the manual:

Locate the "air bleed" wire behind the drivers kick panel, it's a plug with a single wire either side (usually green socket, white plug).

Disconnect it.

Start car. As key comes back to the ON position, within 10 seconds, depress brake pedal 5 times, 4WD light will start flashing to indicate you are in 2WD mode.

To go back to 4WD mode, turn car off, reconnect plug and off you go.

Awesome. Thanks for the response. I'll take the kick panel off when i get the chance and see if the switch connects to the green plug.

I'll copy/paste the link of the page i read regarding the diff switch.  

I have a 260RS THERE IS NO  diff lock button there are few things incorrect in that page of info Dont take it as gospel if yours doesn't match. 

I also have 2 switches over my door near my head I the roof liner. NO idea what they do either. 

Yeah I guess the diff lock button must be a 260RS thing because all the other models have them; strange to exclude because I wasn't aware of any other difference in the ATTESSA system.

The only switches normally on the roof are sunroof or courtesy lights

The article is wrong there is no diff lock in the RB world and hence no diff lock button. The idea probably comes from a misunderstanding of the function of the switch I described above which is common to all attessa equipped Stageas. The Attessa reservoir is not an exclusively  260RS feature it is a feature of all awd Stageas.

• Like 1

HAHA my Autech is in this Article. Very 1st pic from Fuji. My S2 Autech also had a switch that looks like yours but near my rear fog light switch. looked to see what it did. was just connected to a earth so i pull that out. just thought i would add my 2 cents.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...