SAU Community

First car

Aidos

Hey guys, just wondering what car I should get. As I'm a 16 year old on his L's I am very eager to get my first car, however I'm in to many JDM cars. There is a problem however it's not the money issue, it's my parents. I have a part time job to pay for half my car which my parents are going pitch in for the other half however everytime I bring up a car I like which being a r33 (skylines in general), s chassis (even though you have to be lucky to find a non modded one) and many other cool cars, they respond with no it's been thrashed or etc. What could I do to get one of my dream cars? 

Cheers

Buy a little Swift then learn how to drive, learn the road rules and gain confidence on the road with other road users.

Don't go out and pay top dollar for a car that you'll more than likely write off after a fully sick handbrake in your local KFC drive throu. 

• Like 1

yeah but what's nicer to drive ?

a pulsar, a swift or an R33 ?

plus you'll probably see all Skylines rising in value over the next decade due to the ongoing demand

there's quite a few seriously dedicated Skyline wreckers in Sydney now building and selling cars

I just heard an R34 GTR V Spec Nur sold for $500000 in Japan

If you were 16 again with todays cars, could you settle for a piece of shit Suzuki

Is that a trick question? Pulsar is better to drive than a 33 lol. Better turning circle, cheaper fuel/insurance/parts/servicing etc.
Get in a prang? Yolo go to wreckers and pick a different colour rh fender for 50 bux.

If I was 16 again I would get a sss pulsar.

• Like 1

Is that a trick question? Pulsar is better to drive than a 33 lol. Better turning circle, cheaper fuel/insurance/parts/servicing etc.
Get in a prang? Yolo go to wreckers and pick a different colour rh fender for 50 bux.

If I was 16 again I would get a sss pulsar.

Ha ha ha.....yeah if I was 16 again I would definitely be chasing the better turning circle. That would be at the top of any teenager's shopping list.

Thanks fellas! I have thought about it and do you guys have any knowledge or have experiences with a KE70 or even an old r31? Might go something but older however not sure how reliable they are. Especially because my dad doesn't really want me to get a car with over 200,000kms haha. I'm probably leaning towards a ke70 now but I not sure if the engines are weak as piss or are bulletproof. If so are the belts and gaskets going to last a long time on them?

Don't worry man, when I was 16 I wanted 'street cred' (aka the decent designed cars). I am guessing you're in NSW, thus not allowed turbo. You can get non turbo R34 GT's. Sedan or coupe, maybe if you can convince them into a Sedan, it might be easier to win them over.

But to answer your question which everyone else has seemed to fail at.

some non turbo options:

R32 (Coupe/Sedan)
R33 (Coupe/Sedan)
R34 (Coupe/Sedan)
Supra (non turbo)
R31
RX8 (dare I say)
S chassis
350z

Good luck.

p.s it's not hard to drive - just don't be an idiot.

Most R31s would be around 300,000km lol. But they're easy to fix, cheap and reliable if maintained. The 3L has plenty of torque to get you into trouble.

But, I'd go with something nice to putt around in until I get full license. Something like an Accord or Prelude or Maxima. Or a good condition Subaru.

I got over rattly, noisy cars fairly quickly.

Nah man, I have don't some research and found out that the ke70's motors are usually bulletproof haha. They are also cheap, slow, kinda cool and easy to work on. Something like this

image.jpeg