SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Dug up some old data prior to the motor blowing up. Managed to crack the 200km/h barrier down the main straight of Wakefield Park - this back up the car was making some decent power till it spat ring lands (we all knew it was going to happen).

Machinist should be back soon from his last minute holiday and I'll get the crank back then it's party time (maybe). 

I have a track day I'm running with Yez Racing guys so would be nice to have the car running. Let's see!

Screenshot_20170719-213312.thumb.png.9f06d90ae0a44fef359361f181702eb0.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, GTofuS-T said:

Size?

Are they much lighter?

Went yalla habibi spec, 18x9.5 +22. Has some homosex 245 wide tyres, once the car is running again OR when I decide to put a motor and gearbox into it I will get the guards cut/reshaped to allow 265 semis to fit under the guards and look stock. No gay stretch no gay camber.

And funny enough, the Rays 57S aka Gram Lights are indeed lighter than the OEM GT-R wheels.

15 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Much betterer

Thank you sir, need to make the car look good before it runs lol

• Like 1

Pull your finger out and get cracking son. FYI, i have 18 x 9 +22 all round with 265/35. Fit good. Rear guards are rolled a bit, running -2 camber and front has unrolled +20mm fenders. With 265 on 9 inch there is about 5-7mm clearance to the upright.

• 2 weeks later...

Decided the block should be painted black, so it got painted black.

Also the stock pistons were given a clean, looking good.

So I decided to get new rings, new ACL race bearings, new ARP rod bolts, new ARP 2000 mains, Spool crank collar, Spool Billet N1 oil pump gears installed and lastly the OEM water/oil heat exchanger was deleted. 

Motor is still stock lol.

Special thanks goes to Matt at Redsun Motorsport & Mechanical for dealing with my bullshit and also pointing out some cock ups with a previous shop that did my crank collar install.

20171022_191940.thumb.jpg.2fcb1a134fd251d8d55cf1f8239a6e15.jpg

• Like 6

Spent part of Sunday going through my collection of nuts and bolts from last year. Not fun, also turns out the service manual doesn't tell you of bolt lengths to use lol.

Modified RWD pickup installed, one day this motor could go into a GTR lol.. 0.1L smaller but higher compression, has VCT, billet oil pump gears so it won't go bang! 

20171029_105641.thumb.jpg.7908d38818b4e073890bd7dcf5b5e13a.jpg

Installed water pump, ancillary bracket as well as the alternator. Whilst installing the water pump with gasket maker I then rummaged through the box and found a gasket for it lol.. too bad so sad.

Another hiccup was that the Stagea engine mount brackets/arms are no good in the R33 so will need to source RWD ones. Then as I was installing the knock sensors followed by the OEM oil pressure sensor - I realised the NEO uses a different one so derp.. need a R33 one.

20171029_123755.thumb.jpg.d012ed1b4bed6ffe8aa3d7c4c46fc2ac.jpg

• Like 3