SAU Community

WTB: Lowering springs or coilovers to suit R34 GT-T

MikeR34GTT

WTB: Lowering springs or coilovers to suit R34 GT-T

Within the next week or so, I'm looking to purchase some lowering springs (Tein, Kings) for my 34 and was wondering if anyone had some they wanted to offload, or a used set of coilovers to suit even.

Was looking at getting Teins lowering kit (springs) as I'm set on springs, but theyll come from the UK. 

Hoping I can take something off of someone's hands

27 minutes ago, jmknights93 said:

May I suggest looking in to the BC Racing Coilovers?

http://justjap.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=14&q=R34+GTT+BC

You'll just need to confirm if you have the fork or eyelet rear type before making a purchase.

Yes mate, I don't have that type of budget, otherwise I wouldn't be looking at second hand stuff. Going to run stock shocks for a few months then upgrade to KYB. Coilovers aren't what I need but I wouldn't say no to a cheap set if someone was trying to offload 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, V28VX37 said:

Here's some King Springs that were listed in late Dec: https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/468367-r33-skyline-king-springs-lowered-front-rear-kdfl101-kdrl61sp/

You can run those with stock shocks but likely to start leaking at some point

Awesome! Thanks for this, hopefully they'll still be available.

And yeah I'll fit KYBs in a month or so afterward.

• Like 1

On 05/01/2017 at 6:18 PM, V28VX37 said:

Here's some King Springs that were listed in late Dec: https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/468367-r33-skyline-king-springs-lowered-front-rear-kdfl101-kdrl61sp/

You can run those with stock shocks but likely to start leaking at some point

Awesome! Thanks for this, hopefully they'll still be available.

And yeah I'll fit KYBs in a month or so afterward

Update:

Okay I don't know enough about suspension to answer this myself and at the risk of looking like an idiot, I'll just put this out there.

A bloke from work has some brand new king springs for his Monaro he never got around to fitting, asked if I wanted them (for free) - said unsure if they'd fit, likely not, but is fitting springs from one make for another: this a thing or should I not waste a suspension shops time?

Update:
Okay I don't know enough about suspension to answer this myself and at the risk of looking like an idiot, I'll just put this out there.
A bloke from work has some brand new king springs for his Monaro he never got around to fitting, asked if I wanted them (for free) - said unsure if they'd fit, likely not, but is fitting springs from one make for another: this a thing or should I not waste a suspension shops time?

Won't fit without a miracle, I wouldn't waste their time. Look up the King Springs catalogue and it'll list different part numbers for each make and model.

The Monaro is a much heavier car with a non-coilover rear setup.