SAU Community

Most Realistic Console Bathurst?

260DET

The HistorX mod on Rfactor is pretty good. The 60's and 70's v8's are a handful around bathurst.  You have to be careful with the throttle - even to the point of having to lift on crests to avoid ridiculous wheelspin spitting you off the track with the more powerful ones  (eg 73 corvette). Nothing at all like the poor gt6 effort at realism. 

You can also download the 1972 car set (gtho, e49 and xu1) or touring cars of the 80's and 90's. Nothing's as good as the real thing but these are pretty good.

I play with a g29 which is a huge step up from the g25.

Sounds good warps but the idea is to set up the system in the spare room complete with seat etc so I can jump on it any time without involving the home office PC. So a console makes sense, another PC would cost quite a bit more.

I don't think you've played gt6 enough warps. It will do the same thing with all aids turned off... for You will also have less steering effect when going down an inclined corner , and it will dig in going up...

24 minutes ago, 260DET said:

Sounds good warps but the idea is to set up the system in the spare room complete with seat etc so I can jump on it any time without involving the home office PC. So a console makes sense, another PC would cost quite a bit more.

I turned my storage room into one very cheaply. 

Use a saw horse as your steering wheel platform.

Set the seat and pedals into a position that matches your car by packing the chair up with wood.

Cut the saw horse legs down to match your cars steering wheel position.

I use a projector behind my head, which projects onto the whole wall.

I rarely play games anymore, but when i want to, everything is perfect and setup ready to go.

9 hours ago, Trex said:

I don't think you've played gt6 enough warps. It will do the same thing with all aids turned off... for You will also have less steering effect when going down an inclined corner , and it will dig in going up...

I have played it plenty. Never felt the immersion that proper games bring. I always drive with all aids off  - it still feels artificial. Now I have my gaming PC (4 yr old laptop) working again  I haven't bothered with gt6 for many months.

No Project Cars players? Unless something changes this is what I'll be getting, with a PS4 Pro and a two pedal driving setup. My track car is a manually shifted auto. 

I play project cars. I just don't know how "realistic" it is. Its feels quite different to forza 6. Just to let you know project cars 2 will probably be released this year. So depending on when you need or get it gt sport and pc2 might be he way to go

Project Cars 2 is said to be released "Septemberish" this year which probably means near the year's end. Just looking at Cars videos gives the impression that their dynamics are better than the other two, no unrealistic wobbling around although the graphics are not as good which is something that apparently will be much improved in Cars 2.

Projects cars is heaps more realistic than GT or Forza. For console sims, Project Cars is the way to go.

I've only played it on PC, but I don't there is much difference other than some graphical tweaks. I'd say theres no point waiting for the sequel if you can get the original fairly cheap.

look just go all out, PC, Fanatec wheel, PC2 and a Vive... done... oh and make a seat setup :D

but seriously, i guess a budget setup would either be ps4, xbo and PCars then the logi... but if you need realism, then by the sounds of it a higher end wheel will be important... then if you were doing that id just build a pc

Project Cars, PS4 Pro, Logitech G29, a projector and my home made driving setup with a proper race seat should do the trick. Read the other day that the G29 has specific Cars software so that decides that. Thanks chaps.

Is the Thrustmaster T300RS significantly more realistic than the G29? Don't mind spending a bit more if the value and performance is there.

On 3/14/2017 at 7:41 PM, Anfanee said:

I've found Project cars to be one of the better, if not the best thus far. I have driven a v8 around bathurst for COUNTLESS laps on project cars. 
Forza has been up there for a while, not sure if the new one has bathurst? as the old ones didn't.

^^ Like i said, the only thing against project cars is it has a relatively small car list that you can drive. They don't have a GTR for example. HOWEVER

Forza 6 will have more options...

Looking at Forza 6....

you can get: 

• 1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 432

And i can confirm you can put this v8 in it:

• 325 hp / 350 torque 5.7L V8 (Chevy Camaro '02)

From there you can mod it further. That might be as close to your car as you will get. 

• 1 month later...

I bought asseto corsa for my PS4 a couple months ago as I wanted to use my g29 on something before gt sport eventually comes out.
I think I played it for 10 minutes max n was bored with it and havnt touched it since.