SAU Community

Has anyone read this?

Has anyone tried it?

Does it work?

A few people have looked at the thread, but nobody has anything to say in the concept, I was sort of interested.  If I finally went to an RB25/30 and did this would I get the gains the OP is stating?

I've read it. Looks good in theory and has apparently had good results if the article is to be believed. I am a little surprised that it hasn't been done before but it looks to have the potential to increase efficiency and hence power and/or economy. Hopefully we will see more in the future.

I read it too and even if it does produce the gains, the cost makes it prohibitive to most (6-700us per cylinder + valves). You'd be better off investing in an EFR turbo for your 25/30, should provide plenty of bottom end poke without polyquad and you'd have change.

4 hours ago, admS15 said:

I read it too and even if it does produce the gains, the cost makes it prohibitive to most (6-700us per cylinder + valves). You'd be better off investing in an EFR turbo for your 25/30, should provide plenty of bottom end poke without polyquad and you'd have change.

Yes I don't think its a viable mod for most people. I think the point of the article was that for an OEM  manufacturer the cost would be very small as the design would be built in to the manufacturing process.

Yes, I agree Bob but op did specifically ask about if it would be beneficial on a 25/30 build. I think Oem's would be unlikely to take this up as it's patented and they're not in the business of paying royalties. I am surprised they haven't come up with there own version though.

Thanks guys, I agree to a point.  And the theory and the author/inventor?? certainly points to the idea being a good one....and we can do it and not have to pay royalties etc because we are not a business.  But before making any life changing decisions I would like to see an independent appraisal.

I am surprised that more track cars don't use it though....this puts doubt on the concept.