SAU Community

Exhaust help, defects?

Exhaust help, defects?

Hey guys,

Does anyone have a Tomei Expreme Ti? Its a single exit which can be adjusted to fit the g35...

How is defecting for exhausts, anyone had any issues? I believe this exhaust is obnoxiously loud, and could attract unwanted attention, i.e the police. I have read the regulations for the exhausts here in South Aus, but i couldn't determine if it is illegal. Its very, very loud and is easy to determine as an 'aftermarket exhaust' due to its appearance. I only drive my car 3 - 4 times a week. I cannot risk a defect as all my money is in the car :4_joy:

Please let me know your honest thoughts, on if i should go with this or remain stock as i cannot risk a defect! :)

- CHEERS

If it is indeed 'very, very' loud as you say, then you WILL get defected. Depends a lot of where and when you drive it too. Even if it was just one 'very' loud, you would be likely to get defected if you drove anywhere near town on a Saturday night or attended any of the cruises about the place where cops tend to congregate and target imports (even with quiet exhausts). Drawing unnecessary attention to yourself is not a great idea if you cannot risk a defect. Fullstop.

Do what I did and get high flow cats, a custom Y-pipe, and delete the muffler from your mid-pipe. Gives you a bit more burble and power, but is definitely not loud enough to draw unwanted attention. Go and see Andrew at AM Performance - he is the best in the business imho.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, james1999 said:

Exhaust help, defects?

Hey guys,

Does anyone have a Tomei Expreme Ti? Its a single exit which can be adjusted to fit the g35...

How is defecting for exhausts, anyone had any issues? I believe this exhaust is obnoxiously loud, and could attract unwanted attention, i.e the police. I have read the regulations for the exhausts here in South Aus, but i couldn't determine if it is illegal. Its very, very loud and is easy to determine as an 'aftermarket exhaust' due to its appearance. I only drive my car 3 - 4 times a week. I cannot risk a defect as all my money is in the car 

Please let me know your honest thoughts, on if i should go with this or remain stock as i cannot risk a defect!

- CHEERS

Why on earth would you change to an expensive,  noisy, defectable exhaust with no obvious benefits? Buy some better wheels and tyres or even a sound system or restaurant meals for better value for money!

If you believe the exhaust is obnoxiously loud, why are you still interested in it? Only obnoxious people (aka wankers) take interest in such items for a street vehicle. They do it because they want to be noticed. Plain and simple.

As I've said in a similar post, concerning custom exhausts:

If you want to extract as much horsepower out of your NA vehicle as you possibly can, get an Akrapovic exhaust system.

If you want a nice note that's tasteful and not obnoxious, get a Megan Racing muffler.

If you want to be a wanker, get a custom exhaust made with tips that can house a whole illegal immigrant family.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Why on earth would you change to an expensive,  noisy, defectable exhaust with no obvious benefits? Buy some better wheels and tyres or even a sound system or restaurant meals for better value for money!

#swag #fkdah8rs #iluvh8rz
(gets defected for having a shit, loud exhaust) #f*kdapolees

Drill holes in your muffler, or space the joints with washers. No need to spend money on titanium exhausts unless you're after instaface likes

• Like 1

Well.... If the only mod is your exhaust and you get pulled over by the cops and then have to take the exhaust off, then put back on ome exhaust on for the pits. You will be slugged with the pit inspection fee which is about $80????

As long as you don't have any other problems with your car you'll be fine.

:banana:So roll with it until the day comes :banana:

You'll get over the obnoxiously loud exhaust very quickly.

Drop your catback exhaust and drive it around for a week. If you don't hate it, go deaf, or get pulled over by the popo within this time then go ahead and install the tomei.

5 minutes ago, vxsr33 said:

You'll get over the obnoxiously loud exhaust very quickly.

Drop your catback exhaust and drive it around for a week. If you don't hate it, go deaf, or get pulled over by the popo within this time then go ahead and install the tomei.

Tomei is out of the picture then :4_joy: I think i will go custom to save peoples ears and my money. cheers :)