SAU Community

R34 Forward Facing Plenum and Front Mount Install

R34 Forward Facing Plenum and Front Mount Install

Hey everyone, I've been looking around the boards for any information on how to do this but haven't been able to find any :(

I'm looking at installing a forward facing plenum onto my GTT, i've already done the front mount and the lag it suffers is horrendous doing basically 3 laps of the car before reaching the intake. 

Has anyone installed a forward facing plenum and have any tips on how to go about it? 

However I'm more after ideas on where to run the intercooler pipe from the exit? Will i need to relocate the battery or is there a section on the GTTs where I can safely run the piping?

Any help / thoughts would be of great help! 

Cheers

Not worth it, the piping you think is causing a problem isn't what's causing the problem. The crossover setup can and does work fine up to truly stupid power levels (think 30,000 dollar engine build levels)

The only reason you'd change it is for looks, and if you're the kind that is into engine builds that sit around with the bonnet open instead of driving it with the bonnet closed then I'm out of ideas ;)

• Like 4

You have other problems.

Post your setup and turbo choice.

Have you pressure tested the pipework when the intercooler was fitted?

A forward facing as above wont help. The group A racing cars ran the crossover setup.