SAU Community

A little help interpreting these export documents

Space Goat

A little help interpreting these export documents

Hiya,

Looking at buying the missus an E51 Elgrand.  Would rather buy one from over here than sight unseen in Japan.  Ive looked at plenty of dealers and cant find any I like/trust.  When you remove the oil filler cap and its either got water in there or you wipe your finger around and pull out black sludge then the dealer says they're mechanically A1, no thanks...  I'm onto my third private seller and after the first two auction reports revealed potential odometer tampering.  I have found one who has the papers.  Only thing is there's a couple of discrepancies with them.  

Can you guys wave your eyes over these and tell me if they smell like bullshit...

The auction report I received... Note the white square above the vehicle marking section.  pretty sure that is where the Vin number should be.  Also no date so a bit strange

59b12537cadb1_NissanElgrandauctionreport.jpg.ac5b99c58d9ec1d9cca3c2f376e3008d.jpg

The export certificate I received... This one has the correct VIN but the section where the mileage is is out of the watermark a 1 could have been easily coloured  in.  My main question with this is seeing how the writing is equally spaced, should the rows showing kms be shifted one symbol to the left if it really did have less than 100,000 kms???  I could only scan the first QR code and it came up with the 16 digit number at the top of the document which would probably be the document number.

59b1264e0e9c7_NissanElgrandExportpaper.thumb.jpg.4da34e130c79a084ed65f26c842ecec2.jpg

Compared to the mileage from this sample document on prestige motorsport note where the kms start

image.png.ed86597836845a1327d0a123b9b0f739.png

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Rick

The fact it was deregistered in 2013 with 86,000kms and now the auction sheet says it had 67,000kms says it's been wound back. But without the auction date it may have been from years before that although highly unlikely 

4 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

The fact it was deregistered in 2013 with 86,000kms and now the auction sheet says it had 67,000kms says it's been wound back. But without the auction date it may have been from years before that although highly unlikely 

The bottom photo was a sample I got from prestige motorsport website to show how the mileage lines up compared to the the export papers I got (the second photo)

Good on you for checking out the klm properly, and if you find a suspicious one from a deal please report it to fair trading instead of letting them get away with it. Those dealers are a scourge on all imports plus they end up putting the honest guys out of business because they can't compete.

I'd be trying to get a copy of the full auction report independently. Normally when you're using a broker to import it they will obtain the sheet for you, and I suspect they can find any of them just from a VIN....so try Iron Chef, Prestige etc and see if they can help.

The other interesting way to check is when you are in the car go through the nav menus. A lot of the vehicles of this age have a life to date klm, hours driven, average speed etc which the dodgies forget to reset.....take a photo if you find something wrong.