SAU Community

drag coilovers

hattori hanzo

G’day

Had a good look through, however surprisingly hasn’t been covered.

Looking at getting a bit more squat out of the rear end of my R32, currently has quantum racing coil overs which are more suitable to circuit work.

With the discontinuation of the HKS Hipermax drag coil overs what are people running these days for trips down the strip? car is by no means an all out drag car, i use it for as many different events as possible, however wouldn't mind having a set of rear coil overs to bolt in when looking to do some drag passes 

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

I struggled to find info on this also, back in the day it was all HKS DRag everyone talked about.  With them now obsolete these days, a mate of mine sourced KSPort coilovers from MVP motorsports in USA with HKS spec internals for his supra.  He never ended up running the car.. I ended up following suit with Myr32 gtr and had them build me a set, my car is only just running now and should be home mid january, in time for some testing then hit the track.  Mine is full weight GTR with 3.2 nitto/hollinger setup.  What you running? 

Will let you know how it goes..

On 12/8/2017 at 9:21 PM, hattori hanzo said:

HKS 2.8, 6466, holinger on e85 ~740whp 

Not a drag car by any means, however wanting to see how far i can push the 6466 before maybe gong 7675 in the future 

Wouldn't be a slouch with 740 and hollinger nice one.  I wondering if my hollinger will stand up to the task ahead :ermm:

will post up on suspension after I hit the track..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ended up going 10.2 @ 139mph on old street tyres with tein super streets set on the softest damper setting good hook up and squat, seems to be a good result all things considered. 

going back on drag radials shortly and will update again 

• 5 months later...
On 12/8/2017 at 9:49 PM, ess15 said:

I struggled to find info on this also, back in the day it was all HKS DRag everyone talked about.  With them now obsolete these days, a mate of mine sourced KSPort coilovers from MVP motorsports in USA with HKS spec internals for his supra.  He never ended up running the car.. I ended up following suit with Myr32 gtr and had them build me a set, my car is only just running now and should be home mid january, in time for some testing then hit the track.  Mine is full weight GTR with 3.2 nitto/hollinger setup.  What you running? 

Will let you know how it goes..

Hi   call pj at makemegofast 

Screenshot_20180828-201252.png

On 3/6/2018 at 3:42 PM, hattori hanzo said:

ended up going 10.2 @ 139mph on old street tyres with tein super streets set on the softest damper setting good hook up and squat, seems to be a good result all things considered. 

going back on drag radials shortly and will update again 

What was your 60 foot time

• 3 weeks later...