SAU Community

SAU - Broadford Multiclub Supersprint & Come n Try

ssxRicho

L2S

So just checked belts (which I prob should ahve done first)

there 2 tags one says not valid after 2018, 2nd says build date of Feb 13

So am I good for this event? (obviously need to replace prior soon, but just working out bear min to get car back on track)
Yep all fine.

Correct L2S same for all track days

On 1/30/2018 at 11:04 AM, emts said:

L2S

So just checked belts (which I prob should ahve done first)

there 2 tags one says not valid after 2018, 2nd says build date of Feb 13

So am I good for this event? (obviously need to replace prior soon, but just working out bear min to get car back on track)

2018 + 5 years in your case. But this applies for state level events, club days allow a little more freedom as the minimum standard is lap belts.

If they are in good condition, they will pass.

• Like 1

Just wondering if you need flaggies? I don't mind doing a stint but as it's been a while and be hoping to get some chin wag time as well. 

Oh and not having a car, someone able to give me a lift from Northcote area :-)

I was thinking of cycling up but I'd not be in time for flag duties. 

20 hours ago, billywhiz said:

Just wondering if you need flaggies? I don't mind doing a stint but as it's been a while and be hoping to get some chin wag time as well. 

Oh and not having a car, someone able to give me a lift from Northcote area :-)

I was thinking of cycling up but I'd not be in time for flag duties. 

I can but I will be going up early to setup / leave late after pack up.

If no one else is going that way no problem!

Some info from our scrutineer, please read.

Good afternoon All Competitors & Come and Try Entrants. Your competition vehicles will be scrutinised by myself (Haider Butts) on the day of this event. I will like to take this opportunity to remind you of some recent updates in General Requirements for Cars and Drivers. In this post I will only mention the ones that affect competitors and vehicles at this event. I would highly recommend you to read this recent update in requirements in your own time:

http://docs.cams.com.au/…/GQ00-Regulation%20Modifications-2…

1. Display a blue triangle to indicate location of the battery even if it is in the standard location of that vehicle. An additional triangle to be added if the battery is located inside the cockpit on or adjacent to the battery.
2. A visible towing point capable of accepting a 40mm cylindrical test object. 
3. A fire extinguisher must display:
a. Capacity
b. Type of extinguishant
c. Weight and volume of the extinguishant
d. Date of manufacture of the extinguisher
4. A fire extinguisher of minimum 900gms weight which meets AS1841 standard must be installed using a metal bracket within the reach of the driver fully harnessed. All drivers will be required to undergo this check at the time of scrutiny. 
5. Fire extinguisher service tags are no longer accepted by themselves. A certificate of service is required on paper for each fire extinguisher installed in the vehicle.
6. SABELT Harnesses, I will be using the following identification post from CAMS to pass or fail SABELT seat harnesses. Please take a moment to read this carefully and if affected replace your SABELT harnesses before this event. Failure to do so may result in failing scrutiny. 
https://www.cams.com.au/…/officials-newsletter-issue-4-scru…
7. A harness tagged “FOR FHR (frontal head restraint) Use Only” shall be only permitted if the driver is using a FIA certified FHR Device. Failure to produce a FHR device will result in fail scrutiny.

That all for now. If there are any other changes that apply to this meeting I will update this post. So watch this space.

I will be attending the Victorian Scrutineers meeting on the 20th of February. If you wish me to raise any questions or seek clarifications on your behalf in this meeting, please message me directly on Facebook. I will have your answers posted by COB 21st of February.

On 14/02/2018 at 6:53 AM, ssxRicho said:

Only 8 positions remaining, tell your mates to sign up!

Nah that's plenty!

16 hours ago, Tony Olsson said:

Some info from our scrutineer, please read.

5. Fire extinguisher service tags are no longer accepted by themselves. A certificate of service is required on paper for each fire extinguisher installed in the vehicle.

Tags usually end up in the bin with the box and bracket when replacing an extinguisher. Where is this certificate coming from?

4 hours ago, miniwog said:

Nah that's plenty!

Tags usually end up in the bin with the box and bracket when replacing an extinguisher. Where is this certificate coming from?

This relates to re-servicing of the unit.

If the date stamped on the unit is within 3 years, you are fine.

• Like 1

yeah people were stamping the tag themselves and claiming they had been serviced to avoid buying a 15$ unit......

(and the fact it cost way more to service than replace is a good give away. hell the CFA price list for servicing suggests to just buy new for 1Kg ones rather than service.)

damn drifters.

58 minutes ago, ausdrift said:

Are food and drinks available to buy on the day?

yes broadford will have the cafe open.

51 minutes ago, ausdrift said:
On 2/17/2018 at 3:23 PM, ssxRicho said:
This relates to re-servicing of the unit.
If the date stamped on the unit is within 3 years, you are fine.

So an extinguisher must be 3 years old or newer unless its been serviced? I thought it was longer...

they changed it a couple years back from 5 years.

and naturally newest I could find the other day was about 6 months old from the shop, so yeah only 2.5 years  for this one.

scary but I have car done (well as done as it is going to get.)

normally I start on the Thurs/Friday night.

I've even evicted the rats and I think most spiders. (the joys of it sitting in a paddock for a year or so.)

On 19/02/2018 at 11:08 AM, emts said:

yeah people were stamping the tag themselves and claiming they had been serviced to avoid buying a 15$ unit......

You gotta be shitting me, who the f**k is that cheap?

Was it an R31 enthusiast? Must get old when every accessory is worth more than the shell it's being fixed to I guess.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• You've done it wrong. I don't have time right now to type up enough. I'll have to come back to it or maybe someone else will in the meantime.
    • I was able to complete installation of the G4X ecu. I needed to reroute MAP vacuum signal from stock location to where BOV is connected on the intake plenum. Has anyone needed to do the same? When I connect vac port by the BOV flange to my HKS BOV, it doesnt work and I get flutter. I would to get BOV working, where would it be best to T in? Or would it best for me to move MAP vac line and T into FPR? Secondly, I installed a MAC 3 port boost solenoid and wanted to know if i routed it correctly. I place two lines from stock boost solenoid and placed it on ports 1 and 2, leaving 3 vented. The T for wastegate and boost source on compressor elbow is on port 2, and port 1 is connected to turbo inlet intake pipe. Please see attached pictures. Ill upload ecu config later today. Thanks in advance.
    • some people are still around weirdly enough - most people just use facebook now to ask the same 12 questions tho XD  
    • Omg Rezz! Yep we're still here and actually seeing a trickle of oldies coming back.  How's things? 
    • So I raised the car up a fair bit for shipping - see image - then lowered it again when it arrived. I then rushed to get an alignment in NL before the track and the shop just wasn’t anywhere near as precise as what I got in Japan. The guys that did the alignment this week said there was a fair amount of toe in the rear that could have contributed to the understeer. It was also the case that the rear camber went from about -2 to -3 at the shop in NL. However, since I’ve now got slightly wider tires in the rear - NS2Rs run wider than Accelera 651S - I could only get a minimum of -3 in the rear now due to clearance. Front is now -2.75 (-2.45 in minutes) due to being raised a bit (previously -3 in JP). So it’s likely a combination of the two factors, camber and toe. The issue now is I have more camber in the rear than the front and the next step on the front Cusco arms will put me at -3.5ish front which seems a bit excessive to me. The weird thing is I’ve never had any understeer at the track in Japan but they are very different circuits - Japanese circuits are much slower than the one I’ve been to here.    I’m probably going to have to start another thread for the E90. The plan is sort of to keep it as a daily but progressively mod it into a track car - honestly, you need a cage for the sort of speeds you go here. Just ordered the M3 front arms btw.  Love the car despite it being in pretty shitty condition. Oil analysis came back okay and it seems to have stopped consuming oil since fixing a load of engine bay things. Saw yours is a 335i right? f**king mistake on my part getting the DI N53 over the N52, fuel economy is insanely good though at 14-16 km/L.   Cheers, it’s great to see the benefits and pitfalls of different places. I’m contemplating going back to the U.K. around next year as the cost of living in the Netherlands is just ridiculous. GF is nagging me to settle and buy a house but I don’t know what LSD to buy.