SAU Community

R33 GTR or R34 GT-T?

Hello All

As my previous thread mentioned, I'm looking to buy a skyline, preferably the R33 GTR but I've found a very nice R34 GT-T.

R33 GTR:

Stock Standard

R34 GT-T:

Nissan ER34 GT-T Single Turbo 2.5L with minor modifications as below :

[Wheels] Rays Wheels : Nismo LM-GT2 [Tire] Toyo : Transas Cruz 17x8 , 225/45/17 Front; 17x9, 255/40/17 Back

Engine Modifications: Turbosmart Boost Controller C's Short Shifter Apexi Pod filter Custom 3" Dump Pipe Custom 3" Front Pipe High Flow Cat (3") Xforce 4.5" Stainless Steel Muffler

Suspension: Lowered springs

Interior: Momo Gear Knob Blitz FATT Turbo Timer

Stereo: Sony Xplod Head Unit Sony Xplod 6 Disc Changer CDXT69X JBL 3 Way Speaker

Exterior: C-West Front Bar C-West Side Skirts C-West Rear Pods C-West Rear Bar R34 GTR Rear Wing Alarm : Autowatch Blue Series

How much I can expect to pay for insurance with the R34 Gt-T. The GTR is gonna cost me 3K. Will the GT-T be much cheaper?

Also obviously the GTR will be faster. Will the above mentioned GT-T still be fast? i.e. will it still blow away your average hoon cars?

Feedback will be greatly appreciated! I gotta make a decision really soon and go for it!

PS: Even though no one really helped, thanks to all for the advice on the GTR insurance!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm torn between beauty (R34 GTT) and Brawn (R33 GTR)..

Although apparently the above GTT will be pretty quick... but how quick?

If i'm going to spend the $ I wanna know whats the best deal.. they're both roughly the same price..

Also INSURANCE?! If i got quoted 3k for the GTR what will the GTT cost me?

im asking coz i was gonna pretend i got a cheap quote somewhere else when i asked for a quote!

i've heard some dodgy stories about insurance companies quoating different $ all the time and even lower if you say you got a cheaper quote elsewhere!

cerealkiller.. you didnt answer the first question.. R33 GTR or R34 GTT?!

ive had my r34 for about 3weeks

got it stock as a rock

ive put on these performance mods: full apexi zorst, apexi pod + cai, trust ebc, big fmic

its quite quick and im very happy with it considering i came from a non turbo r33.

Call and find out? If you list all the mods don't expect it to be much cheaper than the GTR if at all..

The GTT is nice, its newer, and isn't as common as an R33 Shape..

Down here in melbourne, i see around the same R33 GTR's and R34 GTT, but most people can't tell the difference between 33gtr and gtst so they just say they are common.

Both are sexy, the GTR has more power and more potential, the GTT is newer and has a different look (i love the r34 look/shape but most of my non skyline friends see r34's and they like my car much better for some reason)

you will need to take both for a drive, keep in mind maintenance of the gtr, though im sure you already know this

yes eriks 34 looks very nice :cool: and if your not used to driving a performance car it will bring a big smile to your face and hopefully not many power poles

aaarrrrggghhhhhhhh

yeh R33s are so common... but R33GTRs arent common.. but most knobs cant tell the difference.. until you blow em away..

if i dont list the mods that means my insurance will be null if i make a claim right?!

not listing your mods is stupid...and they can null your policy...

and to answer your question. R32 GTR :cool: (sorry I think R33's look overweight...R34's look like they're been working out and have turned the extra weight into muscle :P)

GTT's look docile unless they've been kitted.

Dude... they are both very fast cars. People's perspective on here is totally warped because a few people have eleventy billion rwkW cars. Unless you are into drags, dyno comps or Nullarbor top speed runs they both have more than you will ever really need. Personally I would choose the R33, mainly because of the interior room and also resale.

GTR is low 5sec 0-100, the GT-T is flat 6 secs or there abouts. But with those mods as well, might be getting mid-high 0 -100km/h. Some people think that the GT-T feels faster as it has a quite responsive turbo, therefore a little more user friendly compared to the GTR's relatively laggier turbos. So unless you're really winding the car out at the track, the GT-T may even feel faster around the streets. It's about 150kg lighter too.

If i had to choose? Well i've bought a GT-T, so that aside :cool:, if i was focusing on track work, GTR. But if it's mainly a daily driver, with a little track time, GT-T.

cheers.

yeh GTR do have better re-sale i guess..

It is more that the GTR, being older has done more of its depreciating.

The R34 will probably never drop like the R33 GTS, but it will drop.

bah

decisions decisions

its like 50/50 on which car!?!

It may sound stupid, but when faced with a 50:50 decision I will flip a coin.

You just have to stick with the verdict of the first flip!

hahah

well it is for daily use.. but i plan to race it on the track on the weekends..

the GTT is sounding more like the way to go.. my friend reckons theres many dodgy R33GTRs out there too and told me to be careful..

GTT feels faster eh... sounds good to me!

Guest r34gttblack

hey reignman82,

I know which R34GTT you are talking about and its a nice car. The C-west looks awesome on it.

R33's are too common and as SS8_Gohan said, decide on what you are gonna do with the car. Having a R34, i would recommend the R34.

Good luck with your choice.

:cool: