SAU Community

R33 GTR or R34 GT-T?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I would go the GT-R hence the reason why i have one.

But it isn't easy to find a good one these days. It took me almost a Year to find mine and I can tell you, good R33 GT-R's are rare from what I have seen.

Plus it costs money to get the GT-R's checked out (properly). It cost me $500 to check out 3 that I was interested in. 2 got bad reports.

The GT-T being newer I would say there are many more good examples to chose from.

I can't speak much about the GT-T but GT-R's are not easy to sell when it comes time to move on.

They are both rare but I do see more R34 GT-T's than R33 GT-R's in Victoria.

For yourself I would go the GT-T. Its cheaper to maintain, Insurance should be cheaper and it is a good reliable car plus it is big step up for yourself already. Maybe GT-R next?

There are many that rush into buying a GT-R and selling it soon after realising they cant afford to maintain it as it has the running costs of a 100k car. And if something goes wrong ... yikes (big bucks can be expected)

But for me I really wanted one and took the risk.

If you do decide to go GT-R let me know I might be able to help you with Insurance and tips to finding a good one.

All the best.

r34

its unique......its newer......its modded....its driftable.....umm....its unique

id rather a r34 gtt over a r33gtr anyday

im not saying the gtr is bad, its great, but there is too many r33's around. r34's are a unique and rare thing. people know about the r33 now. i almost prefer the gtt over at r34 gtr. more....subtle.

what colour are they? u got pics?

Abo Bob: thanks mate :rofl: wait till i get spacers for the wheels to make them fill the guards more, and i was going to get a trial rear bar, but seems no one makes copies for a GTR :)

As for fuel, i get around 300-350kms out of ~50L which i think is very resonable for the power i put out... I have got as little as 280 once, but as high as 400 other times...

Can the spacers, ferni, just sell the GTR rims to me and get a set of Nismo LM2s... you know you want them ;)

My 32 GTR is daily driven and (given that I've been keeping a log of L/100km) averages 17.5L/100km over 3 months. The only mod is a full turbo back exhaust. I am not soft on the right pedal either :(

How can there be such a question???? GTR any day.....You cannot go past GODZILLA....

When those twin turbos come onto boost and the engine roars and rushes towards 9000rpm with all paw grip, its a feeling many cars can't give...

my 97 GTR uses a full tank every 420kms ( normal city driving). My old 95 gtst used to use a tank to every 450kms (city driving also). Still comes down to the way you drive. Personally i would take a GTR over a gtst/gtt anyday. If you do end up getting a R33 GTR try and get a late model (97, 98), they have nicer seriesr front lights :(

hmmm... i would go the GTR, purely for power. Also the RB26DETT is alot easier (and fun) to modify then the NEO 6... but that just depends on how far your willing to go with mods. If you want to mod the hell out of your car i say GTR, if not then GTT

I would get the GT-R (and I completely agree with Cereal's summary of the various designs :) ).

However, you say you don't want to spend more than $30k: that's not going to get you a great R33 GT-R (well, it may, but you will be lucky). With that in mind, go the GT-T.

LW.

Nothing wrong with R33 GTR, but go the R34 GTT!

The R34 has a great appeal on the road, and is a good package for the $$$$

I just got mine a few weeks ago, and am thrilled by its potential.

Try Just car insurance, im paying around $1000 per year for insurance,

this will depend on your age and driving history.

good luck ////

dude, trust me and go the GT-T, id rather an R34 over an R33 GTR any day, look better, more fuel economical, weigh less, and if youre not using it on the track eats 95 percent of cars on the road out there :D, dont look as common as the R33, i say this because are so many R33 GTST's around most people wont tell the difference between GTR and GTST.

Regards,

Evan