SAU Community

R33 GTR or R34 GT-T?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the R34! It's kinda good to see they're still fairly rare on the road....when I got my one over 2 years ago it was mainly due to the uniqueness that I bought it, back then I had to weigh up R33 gtst or R34 N/A....the 34 won hands down..even though it was slower.

A modded gtst seems to get similar kms to a modded gtr, depending on how its driven...

CerealKiller : i like your analogy on the 33 is fat but the 34 turned it to muscle, good description :P

I'm glad i went with my 33GTR over a 34GTT ( i was keen for a 34GTT )... its a GTR after all :cool:

I can squeeze 500 out of my tank...but that's currently running low-boost and retarded timing....funny thing that's better economy than before the turbo went on????

Must have something to do with only having to push the accelerator only a little bit to get going now :cool:

Abo Bob: thanks mate :cool: wait till i get spacers for the wheels to make them fill the guards more, and i was going to get a trial rear bar, but seems no one makes copies for a GTR :P

As for fuel, i get around 300-350kms out of ~50L which i think is very resonable for the power i put out... I have got as little as 280 once, but as high as 400 other times...

its a tough choice as i would love to have both as im sure many here would. on one hand is the gtr and now its a GTR and thats all that needs to be said, just make sure its been looked after. Now for the 34 well i jsut love them and with a full kit they look gorgeous as my mate has one all kitted up and is slightly modded and is still very quick although would not be anywhere as quick as the gtr with similar light mods. So in the end i guess its up to what you want out of the car. But as others have said you can always get the 34 and after a while when and if u want to upgrade there are pletny of gtr's that will be waiting...

ive probably just confused you even more, but i hope you are happy with wateva car u end up getting

My fuel economy hasn't gone up heaps from my old gtst, but the GTR's do use the juice..

I'm pretty sure I know which GTT you are looking at, it's auto right?? It's a decent car, well looked after from what I know about the owner... My choice between that and a 33 GTR would always be the gtr. I love the 34 shape, but unless I can get a 34 gtr I'll be sticking with my 33 gtr...

Still, whatever you decide, make sure you join SAUWA and come on cruises...

Cheers

Brett

nah im pretty sure its a manual..

yeh its a sweeeeet looking car..

theres so many things to consider!

fuel/insurance as well as the fact that the gtr will look like most R33s on the road.. on the other hand the sexier R34 which is still probably pretty fast...

decisions, decisions

i just dont wanna spend over 30k and get a car that gets burnt by a stubby shorted yobbo in his commodore..

at the same time its gonna look smooth..

arrrggghhhh

im losing alot of hair off my already nearly bald head..

ferni.. or anyone else.. is the GTR REALLY bad on fuel economy.. say.. compared to the GTT?

I got my R33 GTR about 3 months ago and my brother has an R34 GTT.

Both cars are completely stock.

The GTR is substantially quicker, and personally I love having the traction! (having come from a GTST)

the fuel economy is a little worse than the R34, although not huge difference.

Normal driving (with a few squirts) and I get 14-14.5/100km and the gtt gets about 12.

atleast your not choosing a gen 3. my friends ute does about 17L/100KM. sometimes well over 20!!

hmm was someone saying something about getting a GTR for the track and GTT for every other reason??? If i were getting something for the track it'd be the GTT cos the GTR certainly is NOT track ready from the factory. Just ask Sydneykid or any other GTR owner/driver. Since its your first line mate, go for the GTT. It'll be easier on the pocket, shouldnt be as much of a shock when u start driving it (transition from civic to skyline.... turbo 6 i mean thats crazy.... even though i went from an excel to a GTST :)) so bear in mind regardless of what kind of car you are getting.... these cars are fast and when they step out, the first time it happens, it will scare u. GTR's generally cost twice as much to maintain/upgrade when u start modifying. So choice is ultimatley up to you..... go for it champ just as long its a skyline :D