SAU Community

R34 Stolen, Dingley Vic

Little

Sorry mods, Please feel free to move if needed mods, this relates to Victoria

Have to report my pride and joy stolen today, from Dingley Village, Victoria. Never thought it would happen to me.

They broken into the house through a window, ransacked the place, got hold of every key we had, and i believe they towed it away as it had no battery in it. All in plain view of a main road, in broad daylight. between 9am and 2pm on 27/3/18

Doubt i'll ever see her again, but hey. Got to try. Images attached. 

UPDATE: according to some CCTV footage from down the road, the car was in fact driven away. They had time to install a battery and start it up. In plain view on a main road Jesus.

IMG_0144.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

The car has been found dumped in Pakenham with significant damage and bits missing.

We have about 25 minutes of very interesting footage.

They stalled it.... Right infront of a Camera

commodore.jpg

car.jpg

I was in Dingley and unfortunately my 34 was not stolen :(

Get insurance people, but breaking into a house to steal shit is another level of nightmare.
Cars are cars, but people who break into other people's houses absolutely should get shafted hard by the law.

Yeah. May as well give a half hearted update.

My efforts of 8 years was found dumped and banged up in Pakenham. People are telling me i should feel lucky they didn't torch it.

They've done significant damage, and plenty of stuff is missing. Wheels, spoiler, bodykit. I also don't know how well the Engine, Gearbox and Handbrake can hold up to two days of absoute torture. They were seen pulling handbrakies at 60km/h . 

I'm insured with LSV - They're alright but I'm not sure this is going to go very well. They've easily done more potential damage than will be covered, but i Dont want to give up on her just yet. Its a stock, tough little motor, with reconditioned gearbox and upgraded clutch. Maybe they survived.

Car will be assessed sometime this week and i'll know.

It doesn't make the slightest bit of difference - but the police know who did it. I know the name of one of them, suprise, he has been in jail before and will most likely be going back.

However there is no recourse to get any compensation back out of them. Just a slow painful process of trying to rebuild what we had.

They didn't just take the car. They took every set of keys in the house. For other cars, safes, etc. Also took my passed grandfathers watch, mobile phones, cameras, mp3 players and a shit tonne of jewlery. None of that will be recovered.

For a short period of time it feels like life is over. The lesson to pass on is have renters insurance, an alarm and cameras where you live ( hard if you're in a rental like me ) and hide your f**king keys.

Do not count on neighbors. this took 45 minutes to accomplish watching the camera footage. no less than 15 people walked directly past the crooks in the act and didn't notice something was up. My own neighbors who know my face, didn't notice 2x strangers struggling with my car. She drove past them twice.

Rely on yourself. Hide your keys. Get kill switches. Get an alarm. Understand that Melbourne is f**ked.

• Sad 2

It's bittersweet finding it not torched. Nothing really consoling about finding your molested pride and joy.

You couldn't be more right regarding insurance and putting faith only in your self. Run with the mentality that if they really want it and have enough time, they will get it. Everything else you do is just a time delay for them. Therefore insurance is a must. I'm bitterly prepared for the day my car finally gets taken and I'm up to four attempts at theft of it. It's unfortunately part of owning one of these vehicles and the insurance companies know it hence ridiculous premiums on them.

Not meaning to do that thing where everyone brings up their own story of woe, but my motorbike got pinched from my communal apartment carpark in the middle of the day where half the neighbors were home and know my face. They didn't hear the ear piercing disc brake lock, or stop to ask questions, or even tell me if they heard or saw anything. Thieves take advantage of this 100%. So yeah, unfortunately you learned those lessons the hard way.

But chin up. They are just tangible possessions and their disappearance or damage won't erase the memories you have of the good times and the things that matter most to you.