SAU Community

V36 Speed wire

Im trying to fit an analogue cruise control kit to my 07 V36

Does anyone know where to find an analogue speed sensor wire for an 07 V36?

I've searched high and low through many g35/g37/j50 FSM and cant find any wiring remotely close to the JDM Skyline cars.

I've also searched on here to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

49 minutes ago, YEE-HAA said:

Im trying to fit an analogue cruise control kit to my 07 V36

I've searched high and low through many g35/g37/j50 FSM and cant find any wiring remotely close to the JDM Skyline cars.

I've also searched on here to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you put cruise control into the search box you will find a couple of Stagea owners have done it on their NM35s - ok not a V36 but still drive by wire...

• Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 9:52 PM, YEE-HAA said:

When I mention I've searched the above FSM, they all show a red speed wire going to pin 28 @ the a/c amp/unified meter, (for the trip computer data) but my(our JDM) cars dont have the same wire in the same spot, which I was hoping if anyone else had come across this and solved this problem.

On 4/5/2018 at 10:43 PM, KiwiRS4T said:

If you put cruise control into the search box you will find a couple of Stagea owners have done it on their NM35s - ok not a V36 but still drive by wire...

Yes I know of this, I have done this in my Stagea, and now wish to do the same in my V36.

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm a bit late to this party but since people have been nice enough to help me out with a question earlier this week, I thought I'd contribute to this one.

Not sure if you've had any luck since but most certainly one of those wires going to the A/C and Instrumentation Amplifier will be your speed sensor. The only way to be truly sure though is to grab an oscilloscope and measure the waveform. I haven't got the FSM handy on my laptop but when stationary, the signal should either be constantly high or low and when in motion, you should see a pulse train that increases in frequency proportional to speed (you'd need to have the rear wheels up in the air or on a roller dyno of sorts to confirm this though). Basically, the pulses should start to pack together closer as speed increases.

That's how you'd find it without any reliable documentation. It's similar to the park brake wire (also going to the same unit) I had to find for a device I built, where it wasn't in the place the FSM indicated, so I had to sniff it out with a multimeter and see which one changed between active low and high.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had much luck yet; Been a bit slack and a bit nervous probing back there even though I do have some US FSM.  I was even given a probe extender (a wire with a sharp point on one end) so it would make the job easier.  I just have to get the courage to get in there and test it for myself.