SAU Community

Petrol tank breathing / charcoal canister plumbing

thebe

Hello

My ecr33 has had the charcoal canister removed and all the plumbing blocked off. So petrol tank doesnt seem to breathe at all and makes a loud hissing noise when opening the filler cap, which I dont think is good.

I refitted the canister and fitted the bottom hose (Leads to a t-piece) and one of the top ones to the curvy hose. I have a Freddy plenum so blocked of 2 at the top which I think originally went to somewhere in the plenum.

Would this work as a petrol tank breather and is this the correct and safe way to do it? Or did I mess it up as had no notes as to where the lines originally went default_biggrin.png

In my pic you can see the t-piece. Green goes to the hard line and to petrol tank (i think?), blue down from engine bay and into the bar, pink to the canister.

The top hose goes to the original hardline near the can

Thanks for any help!

IMG_20180531_111633.thumb.jpeg.ccfa4207c0ae2145588a5ce685092867.jpegIMG_20180531_131927.thumb.jpeg.68641446258156d00fd5d69214e2cbb1.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

So would it be better to remove the can again and block all the pipes/hoses? Lots of info online, but most are very conflicting or so old that all pics have expired.