SAU Community

Coolant leak behind my turbo

Pastechi

Hey guys

I have a coolant leak and i think it's coming behind the turbo shell but i am not sure what the cause of it is. Think i have to take the turbo out to check the gasket or something but i got to wait for my mechanic friend till friday to help me with it.

Anyone have any idea's and tips to diagnose this?

"Video 1" You will see the water leaking from somewhere behind the turbo shell i think. It was this morning. End up not taking my car to work because i don't think i'd be a great idea driving it now while water is leaking like this

"Video 2" was when it happend, i recorded late but you can hear the "tsssssssss" from the water coming out, but after 30minutes it stopped and i filled the radiator with more water to go put the car home. Ignore the language tho, uploaded the video just so u can hear the sound

Edited by Pastechi

Pretty clear what it is.. Pull the lines off and replace the crush washers/hose with hole in it.

You're lucky it's on the turbo side, there's not many water lines on that side of the engine and if it's leaking into the manifold in that way you'd be pretty certain that it's the water fittings on the turbo core.

11 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Wat?  You have already diagnosed it.  You have a water leak from your turbo.  Take it off and fix it.

i'm just a noob who's slowly learning about the carlife

9 hours ago, Jordy32 said:

Pretty clear what it is.. Pull the lines off and replace the crush washers/hose with hole in it.

You're lucky it's on the turbo side, there's not many water lines on that side of the engine and if it's leaking into the manifold in that way you'd be pretty certain that it's the water fittings on the turbo core.

Alright thx. I'll be waiting for tomorrow so i can borrow my uncle's toolbox to see if i can take the turbo out myself, and see what i can do ^.^