SAU Community

Need quick help from someone with R32

Matvei27

I am reassembling my interior and can't for the life of me remember how to reattach the glove box striker

to the dashboard.

Diagram says it's attached with two screws, but there's nothing in the holes on the dash for them to screw into?

All I really need is someone to open their glovebox, unscrew those two screws and take a picture for me to show me what's underneath

the striker. 

Maybe I'm missing some metal clip?

Will buy someone a beer if they can help!!!

68640-F6100-A1_480x480.jpg

68640-F6100-A4_480x480.jpg

002.JPG

It just screws in to the plastic of the glovebox surround. The screws are just the usual dark olive coloured dome head tapered self tappers used all over the interior, that screw into holes in plastic.  In your photo above, you can see the plunger for the light switch.  The catch should butt up against the plastic and the two holes should be visible.  If they're not, then it is broken and you will have to build it back up somehow.

This doesn't often happen....but GTSBoy is not right.

There is a long metal bracket that goes the length of the glovebox, it's confusingly shown just to the left of the glovebox in the diagram you posted.

Let me know if you can't find one, I've got a spare since the "truck ran over my dashboard" incident

glovebox1.jpg

glovebox2.jpg