SAU Community

R34 gtt vacuum line diagram

Yes.  But what you have in your bay does not match the manual.  The line you are holding IS going between the canister and a solenoid, but the solenoid is behind the PS reservoir, which would tend to suggest that it is the boost control solenoid valve, not the purge solenoid valve.  Just follow the lines in the last image I posted and you will see what is supposed to connected to where.  I can't show you a completely useful photo of mine, because it is in an R32 and the canister is different.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Yes.  But what you have in your bay does not match the manual.  The line you are holding IS going between the canister and a solenoid, but the solenoid is behind the PS reservoir, which would tend to suggest that it is the boost control solenoid valve, not the purge solenoid valve.  Just follow the lines in the last image I posted and you will see what is supposed to connected to where.  I can't show you a completely useful photo of mine, because it is in an R32 and the canister is different.

Thanks a munch for your help mate. Yes your correct, it was auto but has been manual converted recently. I have been having boost power issues since the conversion, the boost just seems to drop out after 4k rpms and only kicks in around 3k rpms. Sorry to complicate things mate but im trying to find anything that is related and im thinking this might be

47 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

That's the boost control solenoid.

I have an electric boost controller and may have mistaken it but doesn’t this line hook up to a manual boost controller on some cars?

Edited by Robocop2310

The OEM boost control solenoid is hooked up to vent some of the boost signal from the compressor outlet tapping port on its way to the wastegate actuator.  the instant you put in any other sort of boost controller (manual, EBC, whatever), the original solenoid is no longer used.  The new boost controller then does what the original one used to do.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

The OEM boost control solenoid is hooked up to vent some of the boost signal from the compressor outlet tapping port on its way to the wastegate actuator.  the instant you put in any other sort of boost controller (manual, EBC, whatever), the original solenoid is no longer used.  The new boost controller then does what the original one used to do.

Ok thanks mate, i dont have a manual boost controller so do you think this is why i am having boost issues?

1 minute ago, GTSBoy said:

It's in the last picture I posted.

I cant tell where there going to in the diagram. It looks like it goes to something on kr near the pipe but i cant see anything like that in my engine bay. Also i have this t piece here, is that normal or are those lines meant to go to the solenoid?

20181028_100136.jpg

You won't find anyone who can show you a photo of a stock setup, because no-one has a stock setup.

So, if you look at the last diagram, you will see where hoses are supposed to sit, and if you look at the first diagram, and follow the pipes between the solenoid, turbo outlet and turbo inlet, you should be able to work it out, including the T piece.

• Thanks 1