SAU Community

R34 gtt vacuum line diagram

Get rid of any connection involving that T piece!  The boost T goes in a single (cut, of course) hose between the boost source and the wastegate actuator.  That other T is leading off into the wilderness, and is causing you to have no idea where the boost signal is being lost.  Just pull the T connections apart and block everything other than your connections to the boost T.

1 minute ago, GTSBoy said:

Get rid of any connection involving that T piece!  The boost T goes in a single (cut, of course) hose between the boost source and the wastegate actuator.  That other T is leading off into the wilderness, and is causing you to have no idea where the boost signal is being lost.  Just pull the T connections apart and block everything other than your connections to the boost T.

Ok i will get rid if the t piece. Switch one do i have the other end of the boost control go to? The white circle or the black circle? And do i just block the other one off or just leave it with nothing? Sorry for the dumb questions 

26 minutes ago, TaylorS said:

Ok i will get rid if the t piece. Switch one do i have the other end of the boost control go to? The white circle or the black circle? And do i just block the other one off or just leave it with nothing? Sorry for the dumb questions 

See my recent setup diagram and follow that plus above and you’ll be right.

Just now, Robocop2310 said:

See my recent setup diagram and follow that plus above and you’ll be right.

Ok so i would just attach the vac line that is in white direct to the boost controlller and then just block off that other line or leave it open?

Thanks mate

Hey mate,

I think this may work. I'll summarise briefly:

- Turbosmart BC piece will have to ends connected; one goes to the Wastegate actuator port and the other to the Turbo's boost port (located along the throttle body). So if you have any other connections left, it ought to be blocked off completely as at the moment it's going back into your stock boost solenoid. Also check all clamps and ensure there is no leakage anywhere...check AFM too and air intake too.

- Once you correctly hook everything up. Turn the car on and led it idle for around 10 minutes for the ECU to recognise the changes - this may do nothing but I've always done this to give the car a chance to accept changes and it's never harmed anything so you may want to give it a shot nothing to lose then take it for a drive and see what happens?

If this doesn't work then there's something more sinister at work here so you.re better off taking it to a mechanic. 

Good luck mate.

Image result for r33 gtst turbosmart manual boost controller

• Thanks 1

Thanks mate, will give this ago. Im probaby thinking it will have to go to a mechanic as well. I was hoping to avoid that because im kinda broke after the manual conversion. 

I have checked and cleaned afm before because thats what i tried first. Also changed coils and sparks as well.

Fingerscrossed this works.

19 minutes ago, TaylorS said:

Thanks mate, will give this ago. Im probaby thinking it will have to go to a mechanic as well. I was hoping to avoid that because im kinda broke after the manual conversion. 

I have checked and cleaned afm before because thats what i tried first. Also changed coils and sparks as well.

Fingerscrossed this works.

Good luck mate. I understand playing around with cars is a bottomless pit.

If the problem is if this doesn’t fix it it may be something that’s damaged so you will have to take it to a shop to avoid further damage.

8 minutes ago, Robocop2310 said:

Good luck mate. I understand playing around with cars is a bottomless pit.

If the problem is if this doesn’t fix it it may be something that’s damaged so you will have to take it to a shop to avoid further damage.

7 hours ago, Robocop2310 said:

Hey mate,

I think this may work. I'll summarise briefly:

- Turbosmart BC piece will have to ends connected; one goes to the Wastegate actuator port and the other to the Turbo's boost port (located along the throttle body). So if you have any other connections left, it ought to be blocked off completely as at the moment it's going back into your stock boost solenoid. Also check all clamps and ensure there is no leakage anywhere...check AFM too and air intake too.

- Once you correctly hook everything up. Turn the car on and led it idle for around 10 minutes for the ECU to recognise the changes - this may do nothing but I've always done this to give the car a chance to accept changes and it's never harmed anything so you may want to give it a shot nothing to lose then take it for a drive and see what happens?

If this doesn't work then there's something more sinister at work here so you.re better off taking it to a mechanic. 

Good luck mate.

Image result for r33 gtst turbosmart manual boost controller

Thanks mate, i will show you want i have done before i test it. I hope the photos arent confusing.

The  2rd and 3rd are of the turbo tee. Waste gate to tee and i couldnt find anyother line down there so that has to be for the turbo that other line near the waste gate? Anyway thats connected to the turbo tee.

I blocked off the sononoid. 

I blocked off the tee piece that was going back from the turbo to the intercooler. 

Also that line that is coming from the throttle body is already connected to something else (first picture)

20181029_094140.jpg

20181029_094128.jpg

20181029_094112.jpg

20181029_094108.jpg

20181029_093000.jpg

Edited by TaylorS

1 minute ago, TaylorS said:

Thanks mate, i will show you want i have done before i test it. I hope the photos arent confusing.

The first 2 are of the turbo tee. Waste gate to tee and i couldnt find anyother line down there so that has to be for the turbo that other line near the waste gate? Anyway thats connected to the turbo tee.

I blocked off the sononoid. 

I blocked off the tee piece that was going back from the turbo to the intercooler. 

Also that line that is coming from the throttle body is already connected to something else (last picture)20181029_093000.thumb.jpg.044c3d994bf0f1794a8f2e696dc12927.jpg

20181029_094140.jpg

20181029_094128.jpg

20181029_094112.jpg

20181029_094108.jpg

Hey mate, I cannot make our exactly what’s what from your photos but the one end needs to go to the throttle body for boost pressure as mentioned above so I don’t understand why it’s not hooked up and where else it’s going. 

Follow it with your fingers and see where it goes?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TaylorS said:

Ps. Irgone my edit the photo order kept charging so i changed where wach photo is.

1st two photos are turbo tee.

Last photo is throttle body

Please confirm exactly where the two tubes on the side of the MBC (manual boost controller) are connected to?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Robocop2310 said:

Please confirm exactly where the two tubes on the side of the MBC (manual boost controller) are connected to?

Hahah sorey mate, everytime i reload this page the order of photos keep changing. This is the photo of where the 2 lines are going to off the manual boost controller

20181029_094128.jpg

11 minutes ago, TaylorS said:

Hahah sorey mate, everytime i reload this page the order of photos keep changing. This is the photo of where the 2 lines are going to off the manual boost controller

20181029_094128.jpg

Make sure you blocked off everything else these two connectors look good.

Fire her you and let it idle for 10 minuites then take for a drive to test.

Good luck mate!

• Thanks 1

Just now, Robocop2310 said:

Make sure you blocked off everything else these two connectors look good.

Fire her you and let it idle for 10 minuites then take for a drive to test.

Good luck mate!

Thanks mate, will give it ago. Should i adjust the manual boost controller or is the setting its on good? (Turned all the way anti clock wise) with one click clock wise)

Hey guys, still no luck :/ looks like i will just have to bite the bullet and take it to a shop hopefully this week.

I did however notice something. When i get to 3krpm ans the boost kicks in until it hits just under 4k rpm. When i hit the 4k rpm the car does a loud pop noise from the exhuast (this is just as thr boost cuts out) and  the check engine light comes on for about 2 to 3 seconds and then turns off again.

Thanks guys for all the replys 

The new photos are wrong.

Somehow you have hood the boost T up between the wastegate actuator (which is correct) and the vent line back into the turbo inlet (which is VERY wrong).

You now have absolutely NO boost control.

The loud pop at 4k is when your car is hitting boost cut.  The ECU is killing it.

The boost T's second side needs to be connected to the nipple on the turbo outlet.  That's either on the turbo outlet pipe (to the intercooler) or directly on the compressor housing (there are a couple of options depending on the car - Nissan did it both ways).

3 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

The new photos are wrong.

Somehow you have hood the boost T up between the wastegate actuator (which is correct) and the vent line back into the turbo inlet (which is VERY wrong).

You now have absolutely NO boost control.

The loud pop at 4k is when your car is hitting boost cut.  The ECU is killing it.

The boost T's second side needs to be connected to the nipple on the turbo outlet.  That's either on the turbo outlet pipe (to the intercooler) or directly on the compressor housing (there are a couple of options depending on the car - Nissan did it both ways).

Thanks mate i will try that. I can see the one your talkong about that goes from the tirbo outlet pipe so i will connect the turbo boost tee to that on the turbo side nip.

Where does the turbo inlet vent line go to? 

Hey @GTSBoy and  @Robocop2310 thank you so much for your help. It turns out the vacuum lines were all wrong. I connected the turbo outlet pipe vac line to the boost tee and just blocked off the turbo inlet vent line off and the car seems to run perfect now. It still seems like the boost kicks in around 3k but it doesnt cut out anymore and feels much smoother.

17 minutes ago, TaylorS said:

Hey @GTSBoy and  @Robocop2310 thank you so much for your help. It turns out the vacuum lines were all wrong. I connected the turbo outlet pipe vac line to the boost tee and just blocked off the turbo inlet vent line off and the car seems to run perfect now. It still seems like the boost kicks in around 3k but it doesnt cut out anymore and feels much smoother.

GREAT WORK!!! Happy ending.

• Thanks 1