SAU Community

R34 GT-T GT3082r or ATR43G3SAT

Gw2

So i am currently running the stock turbo and in the process of upgrading turbos. I've had a spare garrett gt3082r sitting around i was thinking of installing, bit unsure how laggy it will be, so i was also thinking of going the atr43g3sat or similar.

I couldn't find much info comparing the 2 turbos, which is why i decided to make this topic, but basically I'd ideally like 300rwkw on p98 or as close as possible, without being a complete lag machine. The car is driven once on a weekend and mainly used for track work at winton and sandown.

I don't know much about turbos but the gt3082r is running a .82 and externally gated, could go .63 but not sure. I was thinking maybe atr43g3sat with a .82 external also, well whatever you guys recommend really. 

Go the Garrett since you have it. Should be fine with .82

I put a 3540 on an RB30 using a .63 and wish I had gone a bigger rear. It picked up really quickly but ran out of puff too early.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Go the Garrett since you have it. Should be fine with .82

I put a 3540 on an RB30 using a .63 and wish I had gone a bigger rear. It picked up really quickly but ran out of puff too early.

You don't think it will be a complete lag machine? Im not too worried about it being abit laggy driving around the street, i just dont want it holding me back when im exiting corners around sandown/winton.

Then theres the question of gt3082r with .63 or .82 hmmm.

3082 + 0.82 will do what you need on track.  As Bob suggested, you've got it, should use it.

It's the rest of the car setup that will be the challenge. Getting that 34 into and through the corners efficiently is much harder than getting it to pull off the corners

ATR43G3SAT turbine is more efficient then a GT30 turbine. This is the reason that I recommend to run them in .63 rear with Rb25det engines. Both comp wheel and turbine housing is smaller then GT3082 in .82 rear, so that would be more responsive in comparison. 

Since you already got the GT3082 you might want to use it, if you find it too laggy for your application we can have it modified for better response, down size to ATR43G3SAT or looking into ATR45SAT.  

• Like 2

On 2/5/2019 at 3:56 PM, hypergear said:

ATR43G3SAT turbine is more efficient then a GT30 turbine. This is the reason that I recommend to run them in .63 rear with Rb25det engines. Both comp wheel and turbine housing is smaller then GT3082 in .82 rear, so that would be more responsive in comparison. 

Since you already got the GT3082 you might want to use it, if you find it too laggy for your application we can have it modified for better response, down size to ATR43G3SAT or looking into ATR45SAT.  

Thanks for the response, i like the sound of modifying it for better response, what does that include exactly? Also would you suggest the 3082r in .63 or .82? I'd like it closer to 300rwkw or around there, on p98 and not a complete lag machine.

GT30 turbine wheel in .82 rear is a good combination for a Rb25det NEO, it performs well both internally or externally gated. I would keep that housing. 

Getting better response you can down size the comp wheel to 76mm or one of our SS2 Billet 74mm wheels with a none surge slot comp housing plus a 4 inches metal intake pipe. That would be quite responsive to drive and capable of reaching around 300rwkws.