SAU Community

1992 R32 GTR Atessa Leak at sensor/switch

10 hours ago, TezGT-R said:

Did you end up finding a replacement switch without replacing the whole pump? I'm not keen on buying second hand parts or paying $4660AU for a whole new pump.

Thanks

Unfortunately not. I found a used Attesa pump for 150 USD shipped that looked in very good condition. I haven’t had the time to test the switch and find it’s activating pressure. 

10 hours ago, TezGT-R said:

Did you end up finding a replacement switch without replacing the whole pump? I'm not keen on buying second hand parts or paying $4660AU for a whole new pump.

Thanks

Oh yeah also Nissan cannot order or make a brand new Attesa pump. Discontinued from manufacturer. 

The difficulty of this is that the sensor itself uses a less common thread (ie not NPT) given it was a custom large order at the time in japan in the 90s.. all good no worries.
Nowdays not so easy to find anything that works on a one off basis.

If you do find something that has the right cutoff range, then you need to make it fit which requires adapters/fittings and possible remote mount etc which also means new wiring. Not an easy task unfortunately.

At the end of the day its still currently easy enough to buy a second hand pump for a few hundred and hope it doesn't fail. eventually they will become to expensive and then it'll be better to come up with a custom new solution. Also I have a suspicion excessive cycling from failed n2 canisters may accelerate the failure 

1 hour ago, EJSenpai said:

It’s NPT. I have another switch from my air ride that I test fitted and it threads fine. The only thing that is needed to figure out is the range of the switch. 

Workshop manual says 0 psi - 228 psi is needed, does air ride stuff get anywhere near that high?

ATTESA Summary.jpg

Just now, TezGT-R said:

Workshop manual says 0 psi - 228 psi is needed, does air ride stuff get anywhere near that high?

ATTESA Summary.jpg

Yes it can but the switch/sensor won’t work because it’s not meant to hold fluid. As far as the 228 psi when does the switch engage? I have a few oil pressure switches but they activate at different pressures. I have one that’s 150psi, 50, 75, and 35. 

1 hour ago, EJSenpai said:

As far as the 228 psi when does the switch engage? I have a few oil pressure switches but they activate at different pressures. I have one that’s 150psi, 50, 75, and 35. 

If I knew what pressure it activated the pump at a replacement could be found pretty easily but I haven't found anything on the minimum pressure :(