SAU Community

R32 in Shizouka, Japan

sangosango

Hello everybody!

I'm not new to cars, before life put me on a hiatus from having fun with cars I was big into BMWs. While I may be done with the germans, I haven't seen straight sixes through. I'm a big believer in community so I hope I get to help someone just as much I hope someone will one day be able to help me. I'm an American and many of you may know that we didn't get these cars until 25 years too late. I own a '94 Skyline GTR, mostly stock with a few mods to help her breath better. I currently have R33 N1 turbos on their way to the states to be rebuilt, I'm aiming for a mild 450-500hp street machine. Hopefully I can have a long block built within the year, budget permitting. I have attached a few pictures. If any are interested, I may be able to help individuals obtain parts from the motherland.

Cheers! -R

DSC_0197-2.jpg

Fuji R32.jpg

57210730_2032168383577197_5285720997402509312_n.jpg

r32 engine.jpg

r32 lonnies.jpg

• Like 4

Welcome as a BMW and GTR owner i am extremely excited you've signed up.

Your GTR looks to be in amazing shape. I'm going to assume you've been looking after it.[emoji16]

Completely unrelated, do you have any experience with N52 swaps? Asking for a friend, whose just appears to have spun a bearing in his 530i wagon... (cough).

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Steve85 said:

Your GTR looks to be in amazing shape. I'm going to assume you've been looking after it.emoji16.png

Completely unrelated, do you have any experience with N52 swaps? Asking for a friend, whose just appears to have spun a bearing in his 530i wagon... (cough).

Thanks! She's got 140K Km on her, the previous owner appears to have done a great job keeping her clean, i've only owned her for about 3-4  months. Ironically, this car got me into detailing so I want to keep it that way. 

I will PM you about your question on the Germans!

-R

• Like 1

Hello Barker,

Welcome to the forums! 

Great pics of Fujisan, I can't believe the view you had from the base. Man, I miss Japan.

Are the APCs for the weekdays and the GTR the weekend? ?

On 4/27/2019 at 10:40 PM, Steve85 said:

I no longer have a GTR any more but I do have my BMW's now. I'm also excited!

On 4/27/2019 at 10:40 PM, Steve85 said:

Interesting that your 'friend' has a similar car to you.

:welcome: Barker! 

• Like 1

Just now, PranK said:

Interesting that your 'friend' has a similar car to you.

quite interesting... i'm not saying it's me... but, it's one of the wagons my wife and I own. And she didn't break it. 
Side note: guess how much a 2006 530i Wagon is worth without a running engine. Did you guess $300? Cause that's the highest I've been offered for wrecking. 

• Like 1