SAU Community

Variable air intake problems

AnalStick

So i did a spark plug change so i had to take my top intake off, so i accidentally swapped 2 vacuum hoses around and i noticed because the car had no power, now i changed them back and now the car feels like it has no top end power anymore. I mixed up hose 10 and hose 3 in the picture 
image.png.3f50c01f754de429cc9955c3e35b99

Well, if it worked before, and you're sure that you have it back together correctly, then the options are;

1. You also messed something else up when you put it back together, which is difficult for us to see from here, or
  2. Perhaps having the hoses the wrong way around has caused the variable manifold butterfly to jam (from being driven in the wrong direction perhaps).  Can you try to apply vacuum to the hose that should have vacuum and see if what is supposed to be moving is actually moving?

20 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Well, if it worked before, and you're sure that you have it back together correctly, then the options are;

1. You also messed something else up when you put it back together, which is difficult for us to see from here, or
  2. Perhaps having the hoses the wrong way around has caused the variable manifold butterfly to jam (from being driven in the wrong direction perhaps).  Can you try to apply vacuum to the hose that should have vacuum and see if what is supposed to be moving is actually moving?

so i can visually see it working with the actuator, it ticks and flicks on and off. can someone explain how it all works.
does it activate then deactivate when you get into the higher rpm?
because i have the low down power but not the high end power anymore