SAU Community

Anyone uses Brushless Fuel Pump

Anyone here uses so called Bugatti Veyron E5LM Brushless Fuel Pump from Ti Automotive?

Seems like it is a good way to replace twin Walbro 450 in tank.

Edited by etang789

Good luck getting your hands on one, but if you can then go for it. Any RC car speed control (castle esc) or a fuel lab brushless controller will drive it. 

Other option is fuel lab now do a brushless screw pump for in tank use (48403). It's insanely efficient and I suspect it's the same pump assembly as Ti/pierburg with different KV brushless motors for different flow ratings. 

A fuel lab and controller is about $1200 au from summit

Would be curious to know if anyone has gone the Fuelab 48403/48402 route for an in-tank setup. I have seen that Deatschwerks is releasing a 340 lph brushless pump as well, which ever integrates best into the stock tank + wiring would be an interesting upgrade.

Let me look into these two brands setup. The Fuelab setup with the CNC housing looks really nice, I wonder if the internals are from Ti Automotive or they started from scratch.

Anyone running them already in their GTRs? I wonder how reliable it is .

Edited by etang789

Got an older 41402 in mine, it's LOUD (part of that might be my close to solid mount) but does what it's supposed to! Nothing bad to say about the brand, but I would look at a mechanical pump for this/higher flow the next time.

For comparisons sake, I'm running an L3LM in tank which is a brushed version of the l5lm, it's very quiet and I've tested it to 430lph at 17.5v and 80psi.

The 41403 is totally different as it's a carbon vane pump not a twin screw like these ones are. 

Progressive cavity pumps are faaaaar smoother than vane or gear. 

I'm going to keep upping the voltage on mine as I make more power (using a boost a pump that is adjustable from 17.5-21v) until I kill it or it runs out of puff. But a brushless pump is about half the current and only needs 13.5v so it's no contest, brushless is way better. 

Edited by burn4005

On 6/21/2019 at 7:22 PM, burn4005 said:

For comparisons sake, I'm running an L3LM in tank which is a brushed version of the l5lm, it's very quiet and I've tested it to 430lph at 17.5v and 80psi.

The 41403 is totally different as it's a carbon vane pump not a twin screw like these ones are. 

Progressive cavity pumps are faaaaar smoother than vane or gear. 

I'm going to keep upping the voltage on mine as I make more power (using a boost a pump that is adjustable from 17.5-21v) until I kill it or it runs out of puff. But a brushless pump is about half the current and only needs 13.5v so it's no contest, brushless is way better. 

Is Progressive cavity pumps is what Fuelab refer to as Twin Screw Pumps?

Any reason you not switching to brushless?

Sorry, yea i mean twin screw. a progressive cavity is technically a different pump style with a single rotor.

I'll switch to a brushless unit when my fuel pressure drops off with my current setup. could also use an AN6 or AN8 supply line to sqeeze out a bit more flow. im using stock BNR34 lines, stock rb26 rail and a stock nissan filter.

It was an absolute bastard to install the hydramats on the floor of the saddle tank with magnets and the in tank pump on the hangar and I'd rather avoid doing it unless I need to.

its running fine at 500awkw on E80 @ 70% effective duty on Bosch 1462cc injectors. so far.

Edited by burn4005

• 3 weeks later...

So looks like Fuelab can easily fit inside the tank

Fuelab 48403

500 LPH @ 45psi

Protec Fuel Pumps seems stronger but seems not for in tank use.

Protec COBRA II – SA60400

480 ltr/hr @ 70 PSI

also, note that the L5LM original TI Automotive pump is now available from Ti Automotive aftermarket.

the kit is called BKS1000, and comes with a speed controller, but note that it only runs at full speed as there is no speed control input available.

Ti_BKS1000_Graph.png

Link below:

https://walbrofuelpumps.com/catalog/product/view/id/5399/s/ti-automotive-bks1000-brushless-in-tank-fuel-pump/

but the same pump is available from Holley cheaper in this kit

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_pumps_regulators_and_filters/fuel_pumps/carbureted_fuel_pumps/carbureted_electric_fuel_pumps/parts/12-767

Edited by burn4005

On 7/15/2019 at 12:41 PM, burn4005 said:

also, note that the L5LM original TI Automotive pump is now available from Ti Automotive aftermarket.

the kit is called BKS1000, and comes with a speed controller, but note that it only runs at full speed as there is no speed control input available.

Ti_BKS1000_Graph.png

Link below:

https://walbrofuelpumps.com/catalog/product/view/id/5399/s/ti-automotive-bks1000-brushless-in-tank-fuel-pump/

but the same pump is available from Holley cheaper in this kit

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_pumps_regulators_and_filters/fuel_pumps/carbureted_fuel_pumps/carbureted_electric_fuel_pumps/parts/12-767

Oh wow good find!

would you say using those aftermarket high flow fuel filter is a must?

• 1 year later...

If you're a vendor Pm me the site and I'll post about it instead I've searched high and low for one so it's good info.

On 10/5/2020 at 1:57 AM, Wojtek said:

Hello Friends

FYI: E5LM are available, but just don't know can I place website on this page. Thank You.

Edited by burn4005

Hi

Thank You for this information and possibility. I've sold out all what was available. But for sure will come back next time. Thank You once again.

best regards

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again

If You could place links to my websites it would be great. 

If You will decide to purchase a pump, shipping costs on my side :)

If it's nesesarry, please modify below informations according rules.

"Hello 🙂
I would like to invite interested private persons and companies to cooperation in range: distribution and purchase of brushless fuel pumps. Popularly named "Veyron pump", E5LM. E4LM, 7.50094.50, 7.50094.00
Purchase possible with invoice or fiscal bill.
Detailed description of the purchase process on the product pages.
Please send your questions to PM or via the website electro-car.pl
Links below:

thank You "

Hello

Name of article E5LM is designed for Bugatti, because manufacturer can't release the same part number on aftermarket, they (TI Automotive) made a set BKS1000-4 and place inside fuel pump from Bugatti (E5LM) but with other part number (E4LM).

Both pumps have the same flow, pressure, etc. Just outlet pipes are changed, and numbers. In data sheet is showed flow 330 l/h, not HP. 

Hi again. I didn't checked did You place my last information, but it yes, pls add comment that currently E5LM pumps not available. I sold out all veyron pumps. Thank You.

By the way, from where You think these pumps were just to 300HP?

My mistake, sorry. I thought You wrote these pump are only to 330HP, but You wrote these pumps have flow 300 lph.

Explanation: E4LM from data sheet on my website have 330lph at 6 bar. 

Popularly information in net tells that E5LM have flow up to 580lph (around), but this flow is at 40PSI (around 2,8bar).

If You will set E5LM on pressure 6 bar, You wil get the same flow. Old part E5LM is replaced by new part number E4LM.

It's exactly the same pump, manufacturer, materials,  flow and pressure.