SAU Community

GTR R33 - intermittent boost leak. What could be the reason?

sonic99

Hi all

I've been noticing lately, that there is an intermittent boost leak while driving. It's been happening for a while now, but recently it has been more prominent. It usually happens at the beginning of the drive. 

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Also, is this something I need to get looked at urgently and if so what would it involve?

S

4 minutes ago, sonic99 said:

Hi all

I've been noticing lately, that there is an intermittent boost leak while driving. It's been happening for a while now, but recently it has been more prominent. It usually happens at the beginning of the drive. 

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Also, is this something I need to get looked at urgently and if so what would it involve?

S

What makes you think it is a boost leak? What are the actual symptoms?

Please forgive my lack of correct car-speak, but what happens is that I maintain my foot on the accelerator and the engine sounds different and I can feel it dropping. I don't know how to explain it but it feels like a loss of power. I hope this makes sense.

Not at 100% accelerator. After how long? A few seconds. You’re right. It’s initially ok and then it hesitates. I don’t hear any pops tho.

not sure about the revs tho, sorry ?

And thank you for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated ?

Edited by sonic99

Mine did this at half throttle with a faulty O2 sensor. i just unplugged it and it was fine.

With it plugged in, was fine under full throttle, only partial throttle would cause the issue.