SAU Community

RB20DET AC Compressor clutch

Hey guys,

Hoping someone here might know if the clutch from an RB20 Air Conditioning Compressor was shared with any other Nissans or if even the coil was used with anything else?

Being in the United States it's been a tough find looking for a working AC compressor replacement.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 6:07 PM, niZmO_Man said:

What I can tell you is that the GT-R compressor is different to the GTS-t one.

Well helps a bit haha. Still need to find another one. The coil resistance in the one on my car is wasted so.

So I went on a little AC replacement adventure lately and learnt that the R33 GTS series 1 components are different to the series 2 which is different to the GTR.... I know this is R33, but I'm guessing you'll have similar issues. 

Seems that Nissan thought it would be funny to change the fitting sizes between the versions of each car for apparently no reason. 

My advice would be, if you are going to replace your compressor, think strongly about replacing the entire AC system with a later model components which you might find easier to source. You might even be able to get an entire AC system second hand for a good price. 

I really struggled to replace all of the R33 series 1 components, however if I replaced everything for series 2, it would have been really really easy. 

If you are committed to replacing the R32 gtst compressor, you might find sourcing it from Japan to be the best best. 

https://jp-carparts.com/

That's who I ended up using to get my hard to find parts and cost about 1/3 the price of buying them through Nissan locally. 

Good luck :)