SAU Community

Turbosmart 60mm wastegate on rb25

Hii guys just wanna know is anybody running a bigger 60mm wastegate on their rb25 with 500hp? I know it's overkill but i got it for good deal so want to know ur opnion. My current setup

Holset hrc35/2 pro rated 600+hp

Sinco t3 twin scroll 

Walbro 455 + tomei fpr

Otaku ffp

Fmic

3 inch full catback exhaust

Link g4+ plug n play

Bosch 1000cc injectors

Cometic 1.3 head gasket

Stock internals

Edited by Manur33

17 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I would disagree with a 40mm on the Sinco single gate, twin scroll manifolds. I have a 50mm on mine and it's a little bit hard to control boost.

Was it gen v 50mm pro gate, coz even tuner recommended to get a smaller 45mm one 

I had put a 50mm  Synapse W/G on my RB30 with a GT3540 on a Sinco manifold only because I got it cheap (I would have preferred the 40mm one) and it held 22 psi controlled by my Link. 

Who is your tuner? If he is reputable tuner with a good track record why would you not take his advice?

2013.11.21 Boost curve 001.jpg

15 minutes ago, KiwiRS4T said:

I had put a 50mm  Synapse W/G on my RB30 with a GT3540 on a Sinco manifold only because I got it cheap (I would have preferred the 40mm one) and it held 22 psi controlled by my Link. 

Who is your tuner? If he is reputable tuner with a good track record why would you not take his advice?

2013.11.21 Boost curve 001.jpg

It's rapid performance from Timaru, nah he's already recommended me 45mm but i end up buying a 60mm gen v for brand new on good price from a friend so just curiousity to know does it make the car way too loud haha

26 minutes ago, Manur33 said:

It's rapid performance from Timaru, nah he's already recommended me 45mm but i end up buying a 60mm gen v for brand new on good price from a friend so just curiousity to know does it make the car way too loud haha

No it won't. Let us know how it goes (dyno after the lock down ends)!

I have a new set up with the new g35 900 on my built 25 and was getting bad boost creap on my 50mm gate,.was told a 60mm gate would control it but the problem is they are a big gate and you will run into problems fitting it into the area, ac lines get in the way, dump gets in the way, ABS bracket gets in the way you get my drift, my point is you can be up for some big money just to fabricate it to fit, but the 50mm you wont have any problems.

• 1 year later...

After looking around everywhere online like most people, i ended pulling the trigger on a turbosmart 60mm gate for my 2.5 Neo.

My reasoning;

- circuit 'track day' car with occasional street use, mid-and-up power preferred

- targeting up to 40psi boost with ATR45-SS2 (gt3582 similar), Vband in and out.

-6boost single scroll manifold (looks to be difficult to mount wastegate at efficient flow angle).

- running e85 most of the time

- engine is built with nice parts so should be reliable with 9000rpm (soft fuel cut) redline.

- i don't want boost creep at high rpm/boost levels, and with less-than-ideal angle into wastegate at manifold (due to packaging), decided on the 60mm gate hoping the Haltech elite 2000 with good tune can eliminate any 'boost droop' issues (for lack of a better term) when that big girl first opens. 

keen to give it a try anyway...