SAU Community

I'm wanting to get my RB25 beween 500 & 1000 hp

2 hours ago, MrSINNER said:

Cheers bro I'm setting up for street n track I been researching and I'm just going to aim for 500hp I'm going to run a 6 speed manual transmission and I can apparently get a 9 inch diff made 

Realistically 500hp (372kw) can be done without touching the engine. More if you want to consider that 500hp to be flywheel hp and assume it's about 320rwkw.

To do that, all you need is the 'basics' i.e

Fuel System (injectors, pumps)
Intercooler (of any reasonable recommended sort)
Some new turbo and/or manifold/lines to do it. Tbh at this goal you may be within the realm of a Hypergear direct bolt on minimal to-no fabrication turbo.

Depends on goals and budget and such. The rest of the car (diff, gearbox, tailshaft) won't need to change to support that level of grunt. Will need a clutch but I doubt any RB25 is running a stock clutch, on planet earth at all in 2020.

• Like 1

My car has a power level right in the middle of your request. It was 35-45k in parts alone, plus labour (only have 10k in receipts for labour) for someone to put it together, plus tuning, plus the car itself (another couple of k). The good news is all my components are known performers and there's no Chinese knock off items, so in theory (<big theory) it should be strong enough to last many, many years and kms assuming i'm not out launching it from stop lights every night.

You should be able to do it cheaper these days (30 + Single = Simpler setup and better parts now).  

Just don't go into this with your eyes closed. You could make 1000hp easy... once. Making it reliably and having it be able to used in a car (ie getting that power down) isn't as easy the internet might be suggesting to you. 

My two cents, from experience (or someone else's for the most part). I'm not saying don't do it... far from it. I guess i'm saying just think it through, make a bit of a plan. 
Oh and you if you haven't already, you might want to drive something with 500+ kws at the wheels... I thought i was ready. I was not. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1