SAU Community

R32 Projector headlight bulb change from HID to normal issues

Ma_R32-GTR

I removed the HID connector in my R32 & the oen connector is an H4 connector but the projector cover only fits Hc3 or an H1. 
where can I get one of these harness/ adapter as in the picture to

1294654220_WhatsAppImage2020-10-07at9_36_11AM.thumb.jpeg.c9e3f3f8594eb4d0d6529a6d8b525e8f.jpegconvert H1 to H4 (got this pic from one of my mate's car)

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-07 at 9.39.30 AM.jpeg

Ok the R32 projector headlights low beams are H3C on series 1 and H1 in series 2 - both are H3 on high beam. The H1 low beam adaptor is infact a separate part - 26067-52F00. It is discontinued but is in stock from Terrafirma and eBay.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Skyline-R32-GTR-GTST-GTS4-Head-Light-Connector-Assembly-26067-52F00-/123562676564

Problem is that if you have an early series 1 light that has the low beam projector H3C bulb originally, I don't think the H1 adaptor fits or clips in into the original H3C bulb retaining part on the light, even though the H1 bulb does locate. I have both here, I'll have to check.

1 hour ago, BK said:

Ok the R32 projector headlights low beams are H3C on series 1 and H1 in series 2 - both are H3 on high beam. The H1 low beam adaptor is infact a separate part - 26067-52F00. It is discontinued but is in stock from Terrafirma and eBay.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-Skyline-R32-GTR-GTST-GTS4-Head-Light-Connector-Assembly-26067-52F00-/123562676564

Problem is that if you have an early series 1 light that has the low beam projector H3C bulb originally, I don't think the H1 adaptor fits or clips in into the original H3C bulb retaining part on the light, even though the H1 bulb does locate. I have both here, I'll have to check.

Thank you for help Mate...mine is a series 1. managed to get around it. Cut off the HID Connection and I will manually wire the H3C. Put it to test, works fine.. And the H3C sits perfectly in the projector. Just need to do the proper wiring.

Now I am working on the speedometer.. It doesnt work.. The dash seems fine.. However the below plastic piece doesn't have a spring at the end to connect to the speedo cable.. The last image with the spring is from Google search. Any Idea where I can find one? 

20201007_180537.jpg

20201007_183128.jpg

20201007_184823.jpg

Screenshot_20201007-184024_Chrome.jpg

Did you have no H3C plug on your headlight sub harness ? On the projector headlights you need this. Plugged into H4 main loom then splits to the H3 high beam and H3C low beam. Still available, about $40. You can then get rid of the ghetto headlight wiring.

image.png.ca2e429e81217c2f9c38ea3adb257019.png

Speedo, I'll have to look into it.

29 minutes ago, BK said:

Did you have no H3C plug on your headlight sub harness ? On the projector headlights you need this. Plugged into H4 main loom then splits to the H3 high beam and H3C low beam. Still available, about $40. You can then get rid of the ghetto headlight wiring.

image.png.ca2e429e81217c2f9c38ea3adb257019.png

Speedo, I'll have to look into it.

You Sir are a legend.. ?

No it didn't have a harness for H3C. 

This is exactly what I need... Thanks mate.. The high beam hasn't work since I got the car. My e this will fix it... 

Please do. ?

Edited by Ma_R32-GTR

My speedo decided to shit itself like an hour before I was due to take the car for a roadworthy. Lost that spring in the rush and ended up ripping a spring out of a lighter in my panic and just making it work. Only needed it to last an hour or so, but fast forward a few years later and it's still working, so I haven't touched it. bahaha

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, self_slaughter said:

My speedo decided to shit itself like an hour before I was due to take the car for a roadworthy. Lost that spring in the rush and ended up ripping a spring out of a lighter in my panic and just making it work. Only needed it to last an hour or so, but fast forward a few years later and it's still working, so I haven't touched it. bahaha

Ha ha ha.. That I could give a try.. So the spring is the culprit? U got a sample pic of the light u used.. I could try it out.. Thanks