SAU Community

Bent chassis rail

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah after new year when every 1 is back im trying to find some where i can get this fixed, im thinking about calling afew local panel beaters body work shops, if any 1 knows a place in melb please recommend 

Just remove them. Straighten them, plate them 3mm to reinforce them, complete length and spot weld fit them back on. Simples! 

When you have them off! Make a template, transfare onto fresh steel, and shape them for years to come! 

I blame tyre fitters and drifters! Never seen chassis rails made from light tin foil, reckon I could bend them with my mind. 

Going to make a plated section that is bolted. To assist in future lifting. 

DSC_0216.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/01/2021 at 9:18 AM, maddy400r33 said:

Just remove them. Straighten them, plate them 3mm to reinforce them, complete length and spot weld fit them back on. Simples! 

When you have them off! Make a template, transfare onto fresh steel, and shape them for years to come! 

I blame tyre fitters and drifters! Never seen chassis rails made from light tin foil, reckon I could bend them with my mind. 

Going to make a plated section that is bolted. To assist in future lifting. 

DSC_0216.JPG

Maddy wow that is an amazing job!!! Are you in melb? Can you please do mine??

Just cured 95% of skyline issues myself. Removed both chassis runners by removing spot welds. Cut 3mm plates for strength. Then cleared. Rust treated chassis leg ready to plug weld plate on inside of leg before plug welding back into R33 Shell. 

DSC_0223.JPG

DSC_0221.JPG

DSC_0222.JPG

Edited by maddy400r33
  • Like 1