SAU Community

R33 GT-R Oil Relocation - Where Did You Mount Yours?

hello!

if any of you have an r33 gtr and have an oil relocation kit installed, i would be grateful if you shared with me what you used as a mount point. i don't have the oil cooler, i think i will be purchasing an HKS (15004-AN004) kit down the road, but for now i have a greddy relocation kit. this thing doesn't exactly come with any kind of real instruction, just theoretical on how it should work. is there an existing bracket that i should be leveraging, or did you need to drill new holes in the engine bay to get the position correct?

is there anything i should know before taking this on?  i figured i'd put the adapter plate on the block and then bolt the relocation kit in an easy to access spot on the driver's side, cut the AN hosing to correct lengths and then make the connections.

thanks in advance for the recommendations and help!

On 8/27/2021 at 9:08 PM, Duncan said:

There is a convenient space on the chassis rail just in front of the front diff where you can mount the filter upside down for ease of oil changes, nice and close to the sump plug too.

that seems really low! do you have a picture of what this looks like?

On 8/27/2021 at 9:08 PM, Duncan said:

There is a convenient space on the chassis rail just in front of the front diff where you can mount the filter upside down for ease of oil changes, nice and close to the sump plug too.

@Duncancan you tell me if this is the spot you're referencing?

IMG_1253.jpg

Sorry no pic, I moved mine to the wheel arch above the BOVs when I added a separate thermostat to the system.

It is easiest to see the spot from underneath, so, first jack up you car... But that location you've circled is about right, just attach it the remote mount to the side of the chassis rail.

The idea by having it low is that you are down there anyway to drain the oil, and mounting it upside-down low in the engine bay lets the oil that will inevitably come out during an oil change be caught in a pan instead of going all over your engine bay, or in the case of the standard location, all over the front diff to then dribble out over the next 5000klm as you drive around.

All of those high mount kits like the greddy one that are designed to go near the fuse box put the filter in a location that is easy to access, but pretty much guarantees messy oil changes.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...