SAU Community

Selling 32R - Help Me Get My Eye In

Hey Guys, I’ve been on SAU for about 15 years but not been active for a while. Time has come to sell my 32R but as I’m not close to the scene anymore I’m looking for some feedback on how best to go about it. Clearly the US market is now interested in this car now.

So throw it up in the Classifieds here and access AU NZ and US markets??

Feedback on pricing would be good.

1990 Jap import, with pretty much everything done. Forged engine with all supporting mods, 10l sump, oil cooler, AP brakes all around, Racepace Tein suspension, BBS LM wheels with new Direzza tyres, 4.375 diff ratios, HICAS lockout etc etc. Very clean car overall with a very original, clean, standard interior with an immaculate original wheel and yeah has a dash bubble. Everything works. Owned for 16 years.

$80k? $100k? $120k? More???

Genuinely asking as I don’t know. This is not a quasi for sale ad. When it’s for sale you’ll see it in the classifieds.

Thanks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNwC2g4lOWk/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by LotusGTR
Spelling

Hard to say isnt it.  Used to be people wanted an R with modifications but I think (But dont know) they are now more drifting towards wanting the whole purity/cleanliness thing. Certainly nothing starts below $80k that I can see.  How much of a premium over that is the question.

So, yeah, no help at all then.

• Like 2

I'd concur with that guy ^. You wouldn't ask less than 80. You should probably consider that mods don't really increase the value much when up at that sort of price level. It's completely different than when the base unmodified car might have been $30k, and the mods would let you ask over 50. I don't think they will let you ask over 100, just because.....the whole "standard is desirable" aesthetic that is now in play and so on.

It’s entirely dependent on the buyer. On BaT not too long ago an MNP R33 with a lot of mods sold for 105k USD but a stock red R33 with some questionable quarter panel repair didn’t break 50k USD. One of the cleanest stock silver R33 GTRs I’ve ever seen up for auction in Japan didn’t even break 100k USD a year or two back. But a reasonably decent but not exceptional condition stock LP2 R33 up for auction in California went for 235k USD. 

So I guess that raises an interesting point. An auction could attract an outlayer result. Mine’s a very neat and stock looking car with nice mods but isn’t a special so not sure it fits that bill. So Carsales or Collecting Cars auction?

On 2/25/2022 at 1:21 PM, LotusGTR said:

So I guess that raises an interesting point. An auction could attract an outlayer result. Mine’s a very neat and stock looking car with nice mods but isn’t a special so not sure it fits that bill. So Carsales or Collecting Cars auction?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-nissan-skyline-23/

Personally to me the car just looked ok, nothing remarkable but somehow people were throwing down insane money for that car. I’m not sure why people pick some cars to do this to but not others.