SAU Community

Pre-Purchase Help Needed!

Hi Everyone,

New to SAU here and I'm currently in the market for a Series 2 R33. I've got my eyes set on a really clean example (low Kms too) that was imported back in Jan 22.

Is there anyone on here with experience in pre-purchase inspections? or can point me in the direction of a reputable/ knowledgeable person to carry out one for me? $$$

Ideally I'd like to have a compression test done as well.

Located in Sydney.

Any and all help is much appreciated.
Thanks!

2 hours ago, SebR33 said:

(low Kms too)

So unlikely to be true that it barely deserves discussion. These cars have all had odo haircuts. What really matters is the actual condition. And so on to your inspection.

I'm not from Sydney so don't have a recommendation for you. Hopefully someone will pipe up with a useful recco for you. But also keep in mind that there is a large number of famous Skyline/GTR performance shops in Sydney. Mostly in the western crime zone. Consider them a fallback position. They do know a lot about Skylines.

I know, it definitely seems too good to be true man.. However, It has original Japanese service history that matches up. Numbers on the odo are straight as an arrow. Interior/ Exterior condition is almost immaculate.

Thanks for the pointers GTSBoy; I can definitely use that option as a fallback.. gonna have to do some extensive research into this.

I did see a really detailed pre-purchase checklist thread on here from a guy named @Merli. Anyone know if he's still active?

Low km and grade 4 to 5 for $30K

I would like to see that tbh......when you look on Car Sales and other sites these days they are asking sheep station numbers for them.  Is Mr L or any of his protege's still in business?

TBH I am highly skeptical.