SAU Community

R32 GTR ATTESA diagnostics using Consult II

I can't see where it says specifically, but Judging from the pic on GI-6 of the workshop manual, Consult II was the current one when the manual was released. I believe they are backward compatible so III and III+ should also work.

It will need factory ECU for Consult II to be of any use

Why do you ask?

10 hours ago, TomR33 said:

Does anyone know if its possible to scan the ATTESA (ETS) system on R32 GTR using the Nissan Consult II tool? Has anyone seen it done?

Yes, a local mechanic near me uses his Consult II to do things like run the ABS pump for brake bleeds: 

Whether any of this stuff works if you use an aftermarket ECU is hard for me to say.

non ECU stuff like HICAS diagnostics, ATTESSA and presumably brake bleed should work with the consult. There are separate wires to the consult port for those systems

image.png

Only RX, TX and CLK are for the factory ECU, the others are for the other systems

I'm pretty sure it's possible with the R33 GTR. They use a different ETS ecu though. I just don't know if the same is possible with R32 GTR.

The wiring diagram in R32 GTR service manual shows connections from the ETS ecu to the diagnostic port pins SC0, SC1 and DT. They are not the usual Rx, Tx and CLK pins.

On 06/02/2023 at 10:24 AM, GTSBoy said:

I have communicated with all of the (steadily decreasing number) of CUs in my R32, using a Snap-On scan tool. Snap-On are just implementing the Consult protocol.

At what cost though? :P (years ago I heard they were around $10k, maybe it was a different Snap-On scan tool...)

1 hour ago, niZmO_Man said:

At what cost though? :P (years ago I heard they were around $10k, maybe it was a different Snap-On scan tool...)

I'm pretty sure you can get one at a fraction of the cost. The one I use is a Launch X431 for cars where I don't have the manufacturer-specific diagnostic software/cable.