SAU Community

Looking for help with possible issues with Recirculation valve

On 03/04/2024 at 9:29 AM, NINJA GTR said:

Thanks for the response here.

Would getting a blow off valve (HKS SSQ) and recirculating it fix this issue?

yes, I think you want somebody to say yes to buy them ill be that guy - click buy it now, now.

On 03/04/2024 at 9:07 AM, NINJA GTR said:

If I'm cruising uphill

Our engines don't like being below 2,000rpm. So downshift and keep the revs above 3,000rpm (where you have positive boost). Need to adjust your driving style a little compared to say 3800 EcoTech Buick/Holden engine ;)

16 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

Our engines don't like being below 2,000rpm

Hmm. Something to be said for having a Neo25 in a lighter R32. 1500-2000rpm is a fine place to be. Will pull away from 1000rpm in 5th with judicious use of the throttle.

What the blowoff valve’s are doing is completely normal only change them if you want to throw away some money 

-7s are a great bolt on option and with a good exhaust, cams and fuel system on e85 makes for a very fun car 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 4:18 AM, joshuaho96 said:

Let's just skip the middleman here and convince BMW to make a mirrored version of their B58 that is somehow direct fit for RB applications.

Ye, Toyota finally settled by the 2JZ vs RB25/26 feud by having BMW run in with a steel chair :p

• Haha 1

On 06/04/2024 at 2:10 PM, GTSBoy said:

Hmm. Something to be said for having a Neo25 in a lighter R32. 1500-2000rpm is a fine place to be. Will pull away from 1000rpm in 5th with judicious use of the throttle.

I miss my old stock R32 GTS-t, but I tell you, the full factory RB20DET silvertop (including exhaust) was a bit of a struggle until you want past 2,000rpm (coming from an Aus-del R31 with RB30E).

With my GT-R, anything below 2,000rpm is a clutch-in scenario.
With my limited experience with NEO6, I can say anything below 2,000 rpm is a struggle (seems to be a common theme with turbo engines).

Even with my BMW B48 (F45 FWD 2-series hatch), anything below 1,500rpm is a struggle, so keep those revs up!