SAU Community

WHAT about this for a first car

scottman

if you want a cheap run about silvia i saw an automatic silvia for $4999 haha i'm getting a skyline R32 sometime december just before i get my Ps so i can stick my sound system in it! mwuahahahaz

i think a lot of peoples opinions are biast because they drive a skyline. That car to me, looks great and i can see the enormous amount of effort that has been put into it. I don't understand why they would leave it non turbo tough. I am not from the ACT but i have seen pics of this car out on a cruise which was loaded up onto the net and i loved it then. I'd love to see peoples reactions if it was a 32,33, or 34 with a very similar front bar. I do agree it isn't the best, but can't see how it justifies the car being crap.

Great car, but needs to be turboed. Stupid car for your first car.

Hrmm.. points that is very important from many people mentioned so far..

1) you have to get a loan to buy the car

2) you wont have full comp..

3) its a first car

4) its an import

Not trying to put you down dude, but you come across as someone that cannot afford the car in the first place (hence the bank load) and at the same time you cant afford full comp either (again assuming you can afford it hence why). It would be very adviseable to get something that is cheap to run and maintain while at the same time NOT an import.

Reason being that you will have an accident, there is no ifs or buts. It will happen sooner or later dude. Being a first car and also a loan to get it with no full comp, an accident or worse a write off and your buggered.

I'd get something that is cheap to run around in, this allows you to build up your rating, cash (to put towards a nice skyline later on), skill you up on your driving skill and at the same time you dont have to worry big time if/when you have a ding.

Have fun.. but have to enjoy it.. Tho ultimately the choice is yours..... :)

Btw.. the advise is something I have done myself. :)

Mase.. the car looks good, but I would also admit that if the same bar is on a 32, 33 or 34... yuck.... Tho everyone has different taste.. :)

i have $4500 Car is $6800 Loan is $4500 which is $33 a week

Mum is going to pay the loan off when she gets her Money My grandmother just passsed 2 months ago God be with her

So the loan well only be there a few Months I got the Loan also So i can get new Tryes and Cat and Canon It is Stock as a Rock y wood anyone want Full Comp on a Silvia Q auto It is worth $7000 say i got Quotes For $3700 then $1600 I have to pay out if i crash

I got 3rd P F&T $785 just cars

• 5 months later...

it would be an ideal 1st car if it wasnt so showy..if u get it, dont leave it up a dark alley..

i rekon an r31 is a ideal ist car. cheap, non turbo, little cop attention, common, rb series engine (cough) and plentiful parts, being a locally built car. the skyline heritage is also there with the round tail lights and 's' logo on headlights (series 3). cons- looks like a box (but this is the 80's styling i like), hard to find manual, not really a performance car, but i guess thats a good thing.

my 2 cents, anyway. id rather a any silvia over an excel..or a van

good luck :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Dude as your first car Just buy a cheap one i wouldnt fork out the cash on that silvia, i sometimes wonder why people would rather spend there money on that crap then turboing it? "sigh" but anyway like you said get a cheap N/A Silvia or a R31 Skyline, there a reason why your going for a silvia to drift in?, like them, just learn? btw just practise man manauls is piss easy once u get a hang of it dont go auto!

Good luck, post up what u get in ur final outcome

Bodykit is hideous, looks like a kitchen untensil.

Dont mind the green paint, but its just not something I'd be seen in.

Interior is f**king horrendous, get a spec of dirt on anything then it'll just look horrendous and filthy, whoever got those floor mats should be punched in the head.

Whoever thought the blue, white and green would look good together needs a handicapped sticker because the poor c**t is obviously blind.

(I'm not against a light coloured interior, my Sil is done in light leather but just the inserts, seats and glovebox)

Tint the windows...

Bit hard to tell what it looks like mechanically, what the suspension and under-body looks like (you never know he could have been doing Dukes of Hazzard jumps or kerb humping which is why it got the respray), lot of bling on the engine but theres a whole lot of bling anyway so who knows what sins the rest of it is hiding. I mean, did he need that respray or did he just do it because he likes Kermit the Frog green?

To surmise, the person that did this obviously had more money than sense and will be waking up from their crack high and trying too recoup the costs to fuel some other deranged activity.

For a first car, dont touch it, for the last car on earth, consider walking which you might end up doing because it'll get boosted from any street within an hour and cops will just stick canaries on it, just because they can.

Being a young dude, full of beans, semen, testosterone and liable to fall off the road doing something dumb once in awhile, hit things and easily riled up into racing bogans at the lights, dont get this one. Get yourself a mechanically solid thrash box that wont cost you a lot of money in bent/blown up parts and panels, save up 2 years worth of money and get yourself something really nice.

Edited by MK2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

myopinion.

pay cash for your first car. that way your not in debt. and if you have some dough gett a cheep car and use the rest to mod it.

get a stocker. so you can learn to drive it from the ground up.

do the mods your self. you will then have a better under standing and respec for your car.

dont' go 4cy n/a go a 6n/a as a first car, plenty of power and tourqe for a beginner.

some of the older models will be cheep (r31 skyline apx couple of hundred to about 4-5 grand) and aslo cheepon insurence. me paying $1000 a year full comp on p's with mods.

thats wot i reckon get an early 90's late 80's rwd 6cyl car and start from there.

good luck other wise

• 1 month later...

THATS THE UGLIEST CAR THAT I HAVE EVER f**kEN SEEN. ALL THAT MONEY ON IT AND IT NOT EVEN TURBO WHAT A WASTE AND THOSE WHEELS LOOK CHEAP AND TACKY GET A 92 SR20DE AND HI COMP TURBO IT THAT WHAT A FEW OF MY FRIENDS HAVE DONE AND THEY HAVE NO REGRETS

AND DEFFINATELY PAY CASH FOR YOUR FIRST CAR DONT GET NO LOAN TO MUCH HASSLES AND PAPER WORK ESPECIALLY FOR INSURANCE

REGARDS