SAU Community

My ceffy being picked up today

someonestolecc

Looks great to me..

Ok, its not perfect.. but its a 15 year old car.. any oh yeah.. you *don't* want pale green :throwup:

If its got an RB25det.. even better! :aroused: rb20 can be a bit pokey if you ask me..

Whats the point of getting a perfect car to begin with, you only get worried about every little scratch or whatever anyhow? Who knows what fate will bring anyhow in terms of luck either... Whereas if you start with something that is maybe a little rough to begin with - can only get better from there when you start doing stuff to it and can do it your way. My growing philosophy these days anyhow :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the problem stated when CC saw my cef whihc panel and paint wise very smich.. LOL

o such a bad influence. Tell u the truth i met a guy at WSID today and he had a cef as well and he got the shits about it saying his car had the rb25 but not enuf looks. (i.e shabby paint).

Most of the D1 cars at oran park had funny paint werk.. i.e banged up panels.

I just told him its a 15 year old car and its a dori man..What do u expect?.. I was lucky mine was like that. Not many ive seen come over here looking clean. If i had the chance i would have bought meggals's rb25 anyday.. I guess bc once u married looks seem a thing of the past and its the mods. :wassup:

Yea it is all ceffo's fault.

I'm comparing all paint jobs to his car now.

Problem is guys for the same amount of money I'm looking at straight show-looking cars with custom everything - that's the problem.. especially since they both driftable.

I just like the ceffies... but it's annoying that with a respray which would be a must for me with this car, means I can't get intercooler/computer. So my dream of turning it into a fast car goes down a little bit :)

Not that a stockish rb25 aint fast nuff.. but still.

im wit dj984

plus best u get used to the power it has first... plus i cant see u drifting it once its sprayed... u sound like the kinda person that will shit a 3 ton brick if u scratched it lol (no offence dude)

Besides D1 cars who are sponsored has anyone seen full custom cars drifting? Some guys with full custom cars won't even drive them let alone drag or drift it....

I'd be interested to know what show quality cars you have seen that are around the same price as the Cefiro? I'm not critising, just interested. I don't know the price and I'm not asking the price either. Mainly curious to know what else you have seen on the cards to choose from.

I'm agreed with inark in that it may be best to get used to the power first. I mean if you upgrade it straight away then you have to spend even more money on upgrades to get the same "pleasure factor" returns because you never got "bored" with the performance it has originally :thumbsup:

yeah i honestly think ur getting a head of urself... if u want a show car... buy one... if u wanna drift pig... buy one... theres no in between unless u have plenty of money to spend on it.

I don't want a shitbox - if you want a "driftpig" why not get a $200 bluebird and drop an engine into it? That would cost less than a ceffy.

ITS COS THEY LOOK GOOD!

And i'll always try to get the most for my money.

I've decided not to take that car because I can't afford the paintjob - if you guys want it let Meggala know. If I had the cash I'd take it but yea ... can't afford to paint it and as I said I need nice paint for the chicks.

Otherwise I'm the type of guy to get a car to how I wanna look it, then do what I want to do with it.

If that means painting it then taking it on a track and crashing it so be it. Maybe not the smartest idea but if you never look after your car because you think inevitably it will be crashed why bother doing anything?

BLING bling!

I don't want a shitbox - if you want a "driftpig" why not get a $200 bluebird and drop an engine into it? That would cost less than a ceffy.

ITS COS THEY LOOK GOOD!

And i'll always try to get the most for my money.

I've decided not to take that car because I can't afford the paintjob - if you guys want it let Meggala know. If I had the cash I'd take it but yea ... can't afford to paint it and as I said I need nice paint for the chicks.

Otherwise I'm the type of guy to get a car to how I wanna look it, then do what I want to do with it.

If that means painting it then taking it on a track and crashing it so be it. Maybe not the smartest idea but if you never look after your car because you think inevitably it will be crashed why bother doing anything?

BLING bling!

Jesus you sound nearly as anal about your car as I am

i dunno nark, i woulda put yours in that "in between" catagory :(  But yeah, I reckon yaz are dead on the money... either go one way or the other... do both and you're up for BIG $$$...

lol yeah and its pretty expensive for a drift pig in its condition :rofl:

yeah i honestly think ur getting a head of urself... if u want a show car... buy one... if u wanna drift pig... buy one... theres no in between unless u have plenty of money to spend on it.

:werd:

somestolecc.. maybe you should scale back your drift ambitions... The "cool" ones you see here in Japan are either workshop or heavily sponsorship backed. They are the ones that have the show and go and you go "phwoaa". Most of the jap cars you see over in japan actually drifting you'll never see over here, because they are either too good/expensive, or wouldn't be road registerable in australia (or probably japan for that matter).